Author Topic: >> User & Group Permissions Method ??  (Read 4883 times)

Offline koolred

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
>> User & Group Permissions Method ??
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »
Hi all  :D,

I find it difficult to decide how to go about what follows, I would like to make a site with

this type of hierarchy:

A me: administrator: organizing & providing content: full permissions
B middle group: providing content: permissions to upload and comment
C visitors: visiting, sending ecards: no permissions to upload & comment

My problem is:

1. How can I organize the "B" and "C" groups so that the "C" group cannot access to the permissions of the "B" group as above or the "B" to access to "A" full permissions, which consists in uploading and commenting their photos. How can I separate both groups when they register. I couldn't find a mod or info on that bit. separating A from B seems easy but B from C, I don't get it.  :?

2. How should I organize permissions for each category to make it work with this system.

3. I don't understand how to setup permissions of users, I don't find information on the topic, is there some info available to enlighten my experience of 4images at this level.

Many many Thanks for taking the time to reply to this little exciting post,  :roll:

Frank

PS: I attached here too files showing what is my organization for categories and also the permissions for user that I don't understand how to use or work out.

Offline koolred

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: >> User & Group Permissions Method ??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:30:28 AM »
Many thanks to anyone trying to help on this one!!

Offline SoftDux

• View Profile
    • SoftDux - The Leaders in Software & Networking
Re: >> User & Group Permissions Method ??
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
I'm just subscribing to this thread, since I'd also like to find out how todo this :)
Visit these Website:  SA WebHosting Talk || SoftDux