Author Topic: Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. (HELP)  (Read 6373 times)

Offline stromie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. (HELP)
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:07:37 AM »
I am getting this error message if someone can help.  It wont let me launch.  Thanks...

Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/stromie/public_html/thehotspot/pics/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/mnt/old/home/stromie:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/home/stromie/public_html/thehotspot/pics/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:15:41 AM »
it shows when you doing what?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline stromie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 06:41:15 AM »
when i try to launch the site this comes up.  The link is of of the site http://thehotspot.stomie.com.  It goes to the directory http://thehotspot.stomie.com/pics.  but no matter how i try to access the page, the error above is what I get

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:45:41 AM »
my guess is something wrong with your server or you didnt set proper permissions as in docs/installation.txt

P.S. are you trying to include index.php somewhere in your own script?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline stromie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:52:47 AM »
i haven't played with the scripts at all..  You're probably right about it being a problem with the server.  I'll give it a day and see what happens.  Thanks for your time.