Author Topic: Users being kicked now on any action?! -  (Read 8414 times)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
Users being kicked now on any action?! -
« on: February 16, 2006, 07:07:17 PM »
Hello,

Most of my users use Internet Explorer to view my site. Now, some of them tell me, tey have to login again after every action, independent if that is rating an image,
viewing an image etc. They have all "accept cookies" activated, some of them with IE 5.5, some iith the newest version.

I asked many peole about this, but no one can give me a solution. About 3/4 of my registred users cant view my page because of that error, and they dont come back of course :(

Thats hard, to code and design 2 months a site, and after that just a single part of users can view it. Please help me, i really dont know what to do.

Just a thought: Can it be that, because i include the header.html like "<include geader.php etc .." in the templates. Anyone who is trieng to find the solution can use the test-account i did for this:

test@test at www.zapomnime.com 

Regards,

Georgi

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: Users being kicked now on any action?! -
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:18 PM »

Can it be that, because i include the header.html like "<include geader.php etc .."

How can I tell ? No more info than the filename itself from your post above as no codings has been posted from that file. :roll:

In the mean time, make sure you configured your includes/constants.php file before including anything (PHP related) through your HTML template files.

Also, it might be possible this problem occured since you installed the fix from icecream (hopefully not though).

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »
the fix from icecream worked but i have a new discover:

the domain "www.zapomnime.com" refers to "www.ggrec.com/zapomnime2" - so, when a user (a user that have to problem with the IE logon)  enters the site with the second adress, everything works fine  :?: :?:

I think there we have the error - any way to solve it ?

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 07:38:30 PM »
Does your referring link applys from your web panel or it applys from 4images's index.php file ? If it's from 4images, please post the command so that I could take a look at it. If it's from your cPanel, you'll have to discuss this with your web hosting service.

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 07:53:45 PM »
no, it reffers from my web panel. And the adress zapomnime.com stays always the same in the adress bar, even if i click on top.php or other sites on the site. So thats a problem with my server?

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
Well, according to me, I could be wrong but if you're saying that it does refer to www.ggrec.com/zapomnime2 from your cPanel and, from your URL Bar, you still see it as www.ggrec.com/zapomnime, then it is clairly your cookie info will remain on www.ggrec.com/zapomnime and not the 2nd one which might be the problem. ;)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 08:22:35 PM »
i understand, so how can i fix this? It makes sense..

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 08:55:08 PM »
You can, either, read the FAQs from your cPanel or report this problem to your web hosting service for a more definitive solution based on your cPanel. ;)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »
it seems i found a way to fix that, so i write it down, if anyone have the same problem. I just make the refering to a new page, who opens 4images in a new window, so i get the correct url shown in the adress-bar / problem solved. Oracle, thanks for the tip ;)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 08:58:55 PM »
Thanks for posting the solution. However, make sure the new window appears "before" users can actually log in. ;)

[ EDIT ]

Just tested your site. It's before. ;)