Author Topic: "4images" logos missing from gallery  (Read 6824 times)

Offline melph

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
"4images" logos missing from gallery
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
I have installed the Gallery via cpanal as this was supplied by my ISP.

The gallery appears all ok, except there are no stock images e.g. the 4images logo. Additionally, If i go to the admin control panal, there are no images down the left hand side of the screen (buttons).

I have checked the installation and can see that there are image folders with the correct images.

Can anybodu offer some assistance - I have checked the help files yet most relate to problems of user defined images, not the stock images.

Thank you

Mark

Offline melph

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: "4images" logos missing from gallery
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »
Sorry...

I have also found that once an image is uploaded to the gallery, this doesnt display either, so would appear no images display.

Mark

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 09:05:53 PM »
Please read docs/installation.txt for more info about how to set persmissions.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline melph

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
Please read docs/installation.txt for more info about how to set persmissions.

Thank you for that...now for the dumb question(Im sorry, but I am really new to all of this) - where do I set the permissions?

I apoligise if this is a stupid question, but like I say, I am learning.

Thank you

Mark

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 01:56:14 AM »
via FTP client, it could be named as "permissions", "CHMOD" or something simular, refer to help manual for your FTP client.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline melph

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »
via FTP client, it could be named as "permissions", "CHMOD" or something simular, refer to help manual for your FTP client.

Hi

I have just used the FTP client and can see that all the permissions for the revelent files are correct - however I am still missing images i have uploaded AND "4image" graphics

Any ideas?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »
open a "missing" image directly in the browser and if you get 403 error (permission denyed), then you did not set properly the permissions, if you get 404 error (file not found), then.. well, the error self explained.