Author Topic: Visible as Admin and as a guest at the same time, why?  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Optimum

• View Profile
Visible as Admin and as a guest at the same time, why?
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:51:10 AM »
Hi,

I noticed a strange problem.
I'm logged in as admin, but am also shown as a guest in the cp.

Admin    06.05.2006 00:43    Control Panel   193.77.x.x
Guest    06.05.2006 00:40    index.php    193.77.x.x (same as above)

This happened after I moved the gallery to a new server. So now I have my site on 2 servers. All static sites and domain are on server 1, gallery is on server 2.
I have no problem with being shows as a double user, but, I can no longer access my hidden menus and links, that I've setup in the gallery with "if user logged" tags. So it appears that my status as guest has priority against my status as admin.
Anyknow know how I can fix this?
I have no idea what could be wrong. I mean, the cp is on server 2 as well. I log in through there, so I don't know why don't I have admin access on the site itself..

Pls help!

TIA,
Mat

Offline Optimum

• View Profile
Re: Visible as Admin and as a guest at the same time, why?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 06:13:03 PM »
..bump..

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:40:01 PM »
Perhaps first time you visited your site you were logged out, then after login you got a new session. And since there are 2 session exists, 4images will show both of you active untill one of the sessions is timed out.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Optimum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right.. but even if I try loggin in first, then visiting the site, same problem.
I don't have any members on site, so there's no need for anyone to login. I only have admin account, nothing else..

Oh well, guess I won't be able to use my hidden menus.

Thx,
Mat