Author Topic: New user with a few questions  (Read 4935 times)

Offline adizlaja

• View Profile
New user with a few questions
« on: April 29, 2006, 05:57:49 AM »
Hello,

I just installed this great software and I am a bit overwhelmed right now. I have spent some time checking out the forums and trying to learn as much as possible. I'm trying to use the script to allow users to submit videos and for it to list them with ratings and so on. Here are a couple of questions:

1. What mod will allow my users to submit .wmv files and others and allow them to be listed on my page. I would like to approve the videos that I receive before going on the site automatically. Anything like this?

2. How search engine friendly is this software? I want to add a bit of text under each video and so on.

3. Any way to allow users to submit thumbnails with their videos so that a picture shows up... how do sites like break.com and stuff do this?

4. I need to modify the template greatly. Will this be very hard or is it relatively simple? Is it even possible to change significantly?

Thats it for now... im sure im missing some questions, but hopefully someone can help a newbie get started.

Thank you!

Servus

Offline adizlaja

• View Profile
Re: New user with a few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:23:01 AM »
update after playing around a bit more:

1. I would like to approve the videos that I receive before going on the site automatically. Anything like this?

2. How search engine friendly is this software? I want to add a bit of text under each video and so on.

3. Figured this out!

4. I need to modify the template greatly. Will this be very hard or is it relatively simple? Is it even possible to change significantly?

Offline adizlaja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »
One more thing... how do I remove the link to the lightbox in the top left. Im talking about the text link that registered users get. Basically Im trying to remove the whole lightbox... and this is the final trace that is left.

thanks

Offline adizlaja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 05:36:37 AM »
bump