Author Topic: Newbie - can you help?  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Divad

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Newbie - can you help?
« on: May 20, 2005, 11:21:54 PM »
Hi!

I've just downloaded and installed 4images. I'm trying to get the gallery to look like it does on this site -  http://www.gavinstripped.com/4images/ (looks totally part of the rest of the site) I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed since I'm new to all of this! Where do I start!?

Thanks!  :D

Offline artpics

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Newbie - can you help?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:29:18 PM »
you now have to browse the template folder within 4images and change these templates .html to the rest of your site how you want it to look

Offline Divad

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Making progress...but...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 02:57:18 AM »
Thanks. I'm making progress have another question. I bet this is really basic and I'm just missing it somehow but how do I remove the lighbox button? Which file is it in? There's so many different .html files I'm getting lost on which file contains certain bits of info!

Thanks!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 03:03:41 AM »
details.html
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Divad

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 03:09:31 AM »
THANK YOU!  :D

Offline Divad

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 07:49:23 AM »
Ok...I'm almost done, everything is looking good except i can't figure out which .html file controls the formatting of the sub categories. Any suggestions? I've looked at categories.html, details.html etc. HELP!  :?

Just editing this to clarify: right now my gallery looks very much like this one http://www.gavinstripped.com/4images/ complete with mini scrollbar. The problem is thta when I click on a category (that has subcategories) the subcategory folder show up as do thumbs of new images and so does the mini scroller BUT when I click on a subcategory the scroller doesn't show up so If I have a bunch of images in there the page extends verticallyto fit them all in instead of allowing scrolling with a mini scroller. I hope this isn't too confusing! It seems that this also happens when I go to a category that has no subcategories. What is causing this?

Offline Divad

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 08:22:03 AM »
Ok nevermind!  I had my tags in the wrong place. duh!  :wink:

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »
Glad to hear it.  In the future, please read MUST READ- Guidelines for posting questions in this forum! before posting again.  Your subject didn't help anyone here ;)