Author Topic: GD LIbrary Error  (Read 5492 times)

Offline fanncy pants

• View Profile
    • http://www.backshots.us
GD LIbrary Error
« on: November 21, 2002, 09:02:49 AM »
Please help!  I get the following error when trying to run auto-thumbnailer:  

GD library error.
Check module settings

I'm using GD Bibliothek.  Haven't had problems with it before.  Worked just fine before, now it's giving me the above error message. How do I fix this?

Fanncy Pants!

[/color]

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
GD LIbrary Error
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 10:02:20 AM »
Check your phpinfo() if GD is really installed.

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline m3tallica

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: GD LIbrary Error
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »
I'm sorry but I feel the need to tell you that not everyone who cruises this forum looking for help has any technical knowledge experience whatsoever.  I am one of these people and have exactly the same issue as the poster is having.  I've noticed 3 different posts on the same subject and not one answer from the mods here helps, "is this here, is that there, is it really installed?"....How am I supposed to know?  I have no idea where these files are or how to manipulate them, I just installed this programme which came free with my website because I wanted a gallery, I have no idea what or where phpinfo() is!!!

And can I make another point, as with the poster's claim, it's been working all up until this point and now it suddenly doesn't - this is the same with me, GD has worked for the best part of 2 years and now it doesn't work, and there is no simple, straight to the point answer on how to fix it.  In my completely simple process mind the sentence "if it has worked all this time, surely it suggests that it's installed anyway?" is running through my head, am i wrong?

Choose the other tool you might say, well I've looked at them and I have absolutely no clue on how to install it and to get it to work.  Please please please can we have a simple answer to this fault with simple instructions!!  It's driving me insane!

:cry:

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »
I have no idea what or where phpinfo() is!!!
and that's why we have FAQ that covered this.

And can I make another point, as with the poster's claim, it's been working all up until this point and now it suddenly doesn't - this is the same with me, GD has worked for the best part of 2 years and now it doesn't work, and there is no simple, straight to the point answer on how to fix it.
Nothing happens by itself. Contact your hosterd and find out what has been changed.
If something happend to GD, then you can not fix by yourself without having root access to the server and have "technical knowlege"...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline m3tallica

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »
and that's why we have FAQ that covered this.

And a great help that was.