Author Topic: Making a Change to the Upload Form  (Read 4389 times)

Offline runway27r

• View Profile
    • Wings Over Philadelphia
Making a Change to the Upload Form
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »
OK, I have been trying to do this for the past couple days, and what I thought would work, didn't

On my upload form I have a field "datetaken" .  I want to change it to put a drop down field for year, month, day. 
I don't have any problems with the drop down portion. It's the actual look.  Pictures I guess will best describe what I want it to look like.

I want to create what is on the left. But it seems like the problem, I cannot adjust the width of the input field.
What I have been getting is three fields in the right row, but all the same size as the field on the right photo.

BTW, I have created three different fields 'datetaken' 'datetakenmonth' 'datetakenday'

Thanks,

Paul

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Change to the Upload Form
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »
That should actually not a problem. You just need to change the size.
Here's an example:

<input type="text" name="datetaken" size="10" value="{datetaken}" class="input" /><input type="text" name="datetakenmonth" size="30" value="datetakenmonth" class="input" /><input type="text" name="datetakenday" size="10" value="datetakenday" class="input" />

You need only to the "size" eighth!

If the actual length of your boxes the size of 60 and you want to have as the first picture, you must first box in the "Size" to 10 in the second place on 30 and again in the third on 10!

Offline runway27r

• View Profile
    • Wings Over Philadelphia
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 12:58:55 AM »
That should actually not a problem. You just need to change the size.
Here's an example:

<input type="text" name="datetaken" size="10" value="{datetaken}" class="input" /><input type="text" name="datetakenmonth" size="30" value="datetakenmonth" class="input" /><input type="text" name="datetakenday" size="10" value="datetakenday" class="input" />

You need only to the "size" eighth!

If the actual length of your boxes the size of 60 and you want to have as the first picture, you must first box in the "Size" to 10 in the second place on 30 and again in the third on 10!

And that's exactly what I did, but all three fields still come out to '60' which is what all my fields are no matter what number I enter as VARCHAR.

Something has to be set wrong somewhere.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:04 AM »
add new class in style.css for each field:
Code: [Select]
.input_y {
  font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
  color: #0f5475;
  font-size: 11px;
  width: 50px;
}
.input_m {
  width: 130px;
}
.input_d {
  width: 50px;
}
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)