Author Topic: Failed to connect to mailserver; Fatal error:  (Read 5857 times)

Offline tvvladimir

• View Profile
    • tvvladimir
Failed to connect to mailserver; Fatal error:
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »
Sorry couldn't post in Error section: wouldn't let me post a topic

I have follwing when peopel try to register:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.yahoo.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 171

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.yahoo.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 171

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 171

But in Settings i specified the following  from one of the posts:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=3162.0

1.  Login to the admin control panel
2.  Under "General" click "Settings"
3.  Fill in "Admin Email" with a working email address.
4.  Click the "NO" radio button for "Use SMTP server".
5.  Leave the SMTP server host, username and password fields blank.
6.  Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.[/list:u]

I don't no emails sent anywhere that's teh thing!!! But it still tries to! hmmm seems like ive checked it all :(. please help!
Ah yes as admin i can see actually users names then waiting for activationa dn they they all work fine they can enter and login! But this error message they get is no good coz they think they didn't pass

But if i anable SMTP it says:
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:25 in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 184

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 184

but may be its my php that needs some extension or smt like that? It says about php built in mail!? but what is it? working admin email? can i use tvvladimir_yahoo.com?

or is it possible to configure mail service with Outlook, Eudora, or Netscape Mail?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:48:15 PM by tvvladimir »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tvvladimir

Offline honda2000

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Wir machen Internet!
Re: Failed to connect to mailserver; Fatal error:
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:27 PM »
look at your database!!! look at: 4images_user search your name! look at: user_email waths your mail in your database???

when your account not send with SMTP, set NO point in Send with SMTP, NO SMTP-Server-Adress, NO SMTP-User, NO SMTP-PW

but look on first in your Database :wink:

Offline tvvladimir

• View Profile
    • tvvladimir
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 11:30:46 PM »
Ooooo thanks alot for Your reply! wow u r an addicted user hehe 6 stars ! cool feeling i must make smt like that on my website! :D

Oh thank I found my name in database: root and found out that e-mail was admin@something.com. So I chnaged it to tvvladimir_yahoo.com (@used) and set everything like u said here: when your account not send with SMTP, set NO point in Send with SMTP, NO SMTP-Server-Adress, NO SMTP-User, NO SMTP-PW. I still got messgae:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\easyphp\www\4images\includes\email.php on line 171

So ive unchecked after user_allowemails and user_showemail to 0 from 1. hmm still didn't work (i guess 0 means 'no'?) i chnage dit back :( . still same mistake :(

ive also checked 4images_settings and it says smtp 0
my email right one!  
      smtp_username   (nothing)
      smtp_password  (nothing)
     smtp_host     (nothing)

really no clue why it try send an email :(.

out of topic but juts wanted to ask) If I was to send letters (since it tried to send them ) maybe i should? what is best way to do it? amke ur own server (i'm not remote) i found James Apache server for smtp and pop3 (but strange thing is that i have Apache from easyphp so will it not conflict) but its out of topic please do not answer it if its no interest to the forum just u know

:D thanks alot for help agian (to honda2000 -atleast now i know how to use the database directly :D) oh and Ive tried deleting my email completely so that it wouldn't send anywhere: bloody thing won't let me do it! it keeps it!

tvvladimir

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 01:03:19 AM »
Actualy, if mail() function failed, it means your host administrator did not setup PHP properly.
Contact them and ask them to fix it.

Unless you have access to a SMTP server nothing you can do about it.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tvvladimir

• View Profile
    • tvvladimir
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:49:45 AM »
Sorry for misconfusing there alot,
 8)Thing is I WANT IT TO FAIL kindof: I don't wnat no mails sent! I have no system administrator: i'm trying to be one :D. As for setting my php U r probably right! that is why I asked any idea on what it is ive done wrong :oops:  :) . Though u ma be right! i will try to set up smtp and pop3 today :D haha wish me luck coz I don't even really realize what that is (only read what was written in wikipedia :D
 :).

tvvladimir