Author Topic: 4Images 1.7.1 template problems  (Read 6639 times)

Offline 2stroke

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
4Images 1.7.1 template problems
« on: January 17, 2006, 04:58:22 AM »
Hello guys i have just installed 4images and decided to get a few templates from you template fourm section. I un rared and unziped the templates i wanted and uploaded to my 4images template directory;

public_html/photo/templates/

so then inside there i had my new template and my default like so;

public_html/photo/templates/4light_grey/
public_html/photo/templates/default/

I then went to the 4images admin panel and used the pull down menu under templates to select my new template and click the load template button. Heres the problem nothing changed. Do i need to chmod 666 my whole /templates directory and all its sub directorys. I see by default install that templates/default has it self and sub folders as chmod 755 and the install works fine by default. If you could help me solve this i would be very greatful along with alot of other new users of 4images and would be a great sticky in the templates part of fourm. I have read the FAQ on installing templates though that thread is quite scattered and having 666 on files means anyone can modife them are you sure you didnt mean execute such as the chmod 755 with write only for owner?

Once again thankyou to all that have read this and thankyou very much to those who are able to help me and others with solving this question?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 4Images 1.7.1 template problems
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:58:04 AM »
Very good and clear description of the problem, but please, visit FAQ ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline 2stroke

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
Lol found it thank i was reading another thread but found http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=10463.0 with some good looking should have doubled checked the sticky, I know this sounds stupid but i think a note in future realses to change it under setting and not in template would be great as its very miss leading to a newbie. Thanks again for your response cant wait for future realeas.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 02:36:33 PM »
I know this sounds stupid but i think a note in future realses to change it under setting and not in template would be great as its very miss leading to a newbie. Thanks again for your response cant wait for future realeas.
No, its not stupid, this has been discused among administrators and in next version it will be fixed (name of the "Templates" link will be renamed to "Edit Templates" ;))
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline 2stroke

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »
Sweet good to hear  :D