Author Topic: Links to all pages with images on Sitemap  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Slavio

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Links to all pages with images on Sitemap
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for a MOD of sitemap, which would contain not only a list of categories and subcategories (like this mod http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=9299.0), but a list of all added images as well.

It would be great to receive something like this:

- category 1
  - subcategory 1
      - image 1
      - image 2
and so on.

I hope I've missed something, but couldn't find anything useful in Mods & Plugins at the moment...
Thanks in advance.

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Links to all pages with images on Sitemap
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
... it is possible to show all images in categories and subcategories with the MOD Sitemap (the MOD, you pointed) ...
... but it causes a very heavy load on the server ...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline Slavio

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:34:43 PM »
mawenzi, I'm sorry but actually I didn't catch how this could be done by using mod we're talking about (Sitemap v1.0).
I've looked through the branch of posts related to this mod - arindra and marod0er asked same question, and they got a following answer:
I will not include that feature in this mod, so you'd better go ahead and start a new topic in mod request forum ;)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »
And how should it handle thousands of images?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Slavio

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »
V@no, why do you think I want to view images on such page?
I just want to create a list, enumeration of all added images in each category. Without thumbnails, using only text links (with image name in anchor).

I see you might be thinking that I'm asking of some curious useless feature, that's why I'll try to explain.
Of course it would be useful for searchbots, but, by far, I don't have any problems with them, and there is a mod "Google sitemap", that's why it's not the main reason.
The main reason is in bots of link exchanges: they count how many clicks are needed to reach each page, and it is allowed to sell links only from pages which are available in maximum two clicks from main page. Obviously, if you have a sitemap with a list of all pictures, you can sell links from all details pages, otherwise you can't do that, because only a part of pictures are accessible in two clicks from main page.