General / Allgemeines > Chit Chat

KurtW MODs and Templates

<< < (2/12) > >>

V@no:

--- Quote from: Nicky on May 03, 2009, 02:22:36 PM ---feel free and remove his MODs because there is no more support on them.   :(
--- End quote ---
I see a problem even doing that, without reference on how to install the mods...

Personally I disagree with this decision. Yes there might be a few users who removed the copyright, but I bet there are thousands more who didn't.
This move hurt more legit users then anyone else.

IMHO it's overblown ego behind this decision. (no offense KurtW)

nobby:
The decision you have to stop to accept   :|

Few make mist, all must suffer.

Kurt think again about  :?

Nicky:

--- Quote from: V@no on May 03, 2009, 08:39:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nicky on May 03, 2009, 02:22:36 PM ---feel free and remove his MODs because there is no more support on them.   :(
--- End quote ---
I see a problem even doing that, without reference on how to install the mods...

IMHO it's overblown ego behind this decision. (no offense KurtW)

--- End quote ---

hi V@no,
as always, you are right in this case :)
but with diff software user can check which files are edited for KurtW MODs.
i think Kurt added infos into his mods eg:
--- Code: ---#####
--- End code ---

and as you known, he edited every thread 1st post with ### in progress, edited by KurtW ###, therefore original threads would not help in any way :(

like you alread said,

--- Quote from: V@no on May 03, 2009, 08:39:17 PM ---Personally I disagree with this decision. Yes there might be a few users who removed the copyright, but I bet there are thousands more who didn't.
This move hurt more legit users then anyone else.

--- End quote ---
it's my personal opinion too. but KurtW wanted it so, as all MOD's and Templates are his "Intellectual property".

budduke:
I hate to say it but I feel what Kurt did is what allot of us feel, even me, being new and learning as I go. This gallery has opened up allot of knowledge for me in trying to solve ideas I have for my site and how to make it work if the mods are not there.
I get asked (I won't use pestered, oh, maybe I will :D) for free help from users of this site and how demanding they are thinking that people do not have jobs that come first and hobbies like this 4th or 5th on list of things to take care of.
I do not mind helping when I can, but when I get messages daily wondering when I will get around to them, I feel like jumping ship quite a few times. I know all of us are learning together and solving problems and that is how you learn.
installing a mod. (if you have time) trying to understand how that mod actually works and learning how other programmers code their projects (shortcuts and stuff) Mine are very bad. hey, but I am learning from the best in my opinion. Could not ask for better teachers on all this stuff and this Gallery (there is no other to compare with it) I played with allot of them over the years and I always came back to this one because I know it will work all the time.

Kurt,
I hope you are better with the load of this site off your back and hope things work out for you. Did not even know you were gone till I was searching for one of your fantastic MODS.

For the rest of us, I feel users here need to ask nicely and wait patiently for an answer. And say at least "Thank You" when someone gives you a hand. Your emergency is unfortunate but if you backed up correctly it should keep your downtime minimal until you can figure out what went wrong.

When asking for new ideas. I feel people do not answer requests not because they don't want to help but because some ideas would take a large undertaking to make happen and sometimes it just doesn't fit into that person's time space. I have seen allot of ideas that I thought, "Wow that would be great!", but never came about and others that I thought "Why would you want that?" but then when I tried the MOD I wondered how I could ever live without it.

enough listening to me jabber, gotta get back to work. I usually don't even look in the chit-chat area till I saw Kurt gone.

I never regretted installing 4images on my site and all the help I have received over the years has proved I have found the right place to be...

So I wanted to say to
EVERYONE
around here including Kurt
a big
THANK YOU
for everything you do!

honda2000:
Richtig erkannt!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page