Author Topic: new user with some questions  (Read 4792 times)

Offline cmeisel

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
new user with some questions
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
Hi,

I installed the program today and I am running into some issues.
So I created about 15 categories and ftp's about 400 images into eaqch category directory. So far so good. But now the tricky part starts. After I ftp the files I click on "Check new images" and that helps me to find the images per category. The problem is that all of the my default have to allow to add comments to them. I changed it manually on about 3000 images but it took forever and I have 20 more GB's to go. Is there a way to make sure none of them ever allow comments (I just don't want to use this feature) ?

The other problem is (and this is probably my fault) that i selected about 15000 at the same time to create tumbnails (Auto-Thumbnailer) and the browser has been sitting there for an hour now. I guess I should keep the number lower ?

thanks

claus

Offline delu

• View Profile
Re: new user with some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:39:30 AM »
The other problem is (and this is probably my fault) that i selected about 15000 at the same time to create tumbnails (Auto-Thumbnailer) and the browser has been sitting there for an hour now. I guess I should keep the number lower ?  Yes you need to keep the number lower... that is WAY too many at once.

Also as far as the comments go, you can change it in your settings that no one can leave comments in certain categories. 

Offline cmeisel

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:57:57 AM »
thanks. I am still wondering how I solve the comment problems. I finished to upload 20GB's more of pictures and now I began to add them. I ftp's them all in the right directory and category by category i select "check new images" and then when they are found all of them still have "allow comments" yes selected as a default. I want this to be no. There is no way to selct no on over 25000 files. I did about 1000 and I am loosing my mind.
I know I can control this later but I never want to allow comments period and I do not want to make exceptions per category later. Why is this default set to yes and there seems to be no way to change it (i checked all settings) ?
Help

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:07:22 AM »
... you can select "allow comments" / "disallow comments" only for categories ... not for images (by default) ... !
... set in your Categories : "Edit Categories" -> "Permissions" -> "Post Comments" -> Administrators or Private ...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline cmeisel

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:18:33 AM »
you mean i can only do it automatically by category (because I can manually set it per image when I change it from yes to no under allow comments). That is a real shortcoming. A feature that is available and useful but can realistically only be used when you upload a few images but not thousands.
Maybe they will add this in a future version...ability to change the per image default from Yes to no (for allow comments)
thanks for your help

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:31 AM »
... or use in your phpMyAdmin ...

Code: [Select]
SQL-Befehl:
UPDATE `4images_images` SET `image_allow_comments` = '0' ;
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...