Author Topic: Radio Button Defaults  (Read 6092 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Radio Button Defaults
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with the following.

I want to change the default radion button pre selections (yes or no)  in two areas: (1) user control panel and (2) admin area edit user.

Below are two pictures  showing where I'm talking about:

USER CONTROL PANEL

ADMIN AREA

I did search the forum. I found a few posts that talked about this but either I didn't understand or it wasn't what I wanted. I saw a few other posts that asked this question also, but no reply. Sorry, if it is posted elsewhere and I didn't see it.

This is the post I studied the most but it did not help me accomplish my goal (I think because I couldn't understand the instructions):

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=12216.0

I think the answer may be there, but it is not clear on how and no matter what I tried I could not get the desired results.

Any help would be appreciated. I think others would be interested in clear instructions as well.

Thanks

steve
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:49:01 PM by steveeyes »

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
Re: Radio Button Defaults
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:48:39 PM »
so you want them removed or having them to yes when people register?

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:52:22 PM »
wow........that was quick

No, I don't want them removed...

I want to be able to change the no to yes or the yes to no for the default pre selections.

For example, the default for  the user control panel and admin edit area for  "show my email address" is no. I want to change it to yes.

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
doesn't it show as yes if you selected yes under the user control panel?

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 05:00:19 PM »
well open register.php
Find
Code: [Select]
$user_showemail = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_showemail'])) ? intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_showemail']) : 0;
You can edit 0 to 1. Now the default is show email when new people register. Don't really know if it is that you want?

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »
Wow.......simple and straight forward.......thanks for the quick reply and help.

A little info to clarify why. I use 4images for a dating site. Yes users can change it to yes in the control panel, but until they get use to 4images, they usually are not sure how to change things and instead email me to change it. I started to get emails from users asking why their email address was not showing in their profile (note: I used the mod that v@no created that only registered users can see member profiles).

After many complaints, I decided to try to change the default settings. I guess it depends on what you are using 4images for on how you want certain settings. For a dating site, the default being yes for email  is important. For any other type of  site, it probably is not desired.

Thanks again for your help. It is appreciated.

Steve