• [MOD] Paging for comments 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Paging for comments  (Read 144294 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [MOD] Paging for comments
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »
Thanks, mawenzi. One should not use "input" class in default template as it has specific width set. I probably changed it later or simply forgot mention in the mod's instructions...fixed now.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »
... ok, "input" class in default template has width larger than is needed for this small input ...
... so the best and fastest way to fix that all is to create new classes "pagingbutton" and "paginginput" in style.css ...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline d1eter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:03 AM »
Thank you mawenzi..,
and of course.. I truly appreciate V@no for all his remarkable mods making 4images a superior image gallery.
and all other php gurus in the forum willing to help users in this forum..
especially users with limited php knowledge like me...  :D need your help to point the specified files or lines

ok..,
back to topic.. so I modified the Universal Paging Class paging.php .. and create a new class for "paginginput"
the paging button can still use the "button" class from the default template.., looks the same to me.

thank you!
:mrgreen:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 03:00:30 AM »
I don't get it...is problem solved or you still need an assistance? the "go" buttons looks fine to me..looks same as all others buttons
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline d1eter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »
problem solved v@no..
thanks!
 :D

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
@Vano :D

:DI have installed this MOD :D as i need this MOD to integrate another MOD, :D is there a way i can install this MOD :D but not have it affect the coments?? :D so there is no paging to comments? :D

P.S, 1 more thing :P, i am using your ajax comments rating system and u have said to me that anything i change in comments in detail.php must be changed in ajaxcomments.php  :cry:but i cannot find step 1 in ajax comments. :wink: Thank u sir :o

thanks sir 8O

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
:DI have installed this MOD :D as i need this MOD to integrate another MOD, :D is there a way i can install this MOD :D but not have it affect the coments?? :D so there is no paging to comments? :D
sorry, I have no idea how this supposed to work "I want do the changes but the changes should not affect what has been changed." Perhaps changing "another MOD" with the name AND link to that mod could get you another answer.

P.S, 1 more thing :P, i am using your ajax comments rating system and u have said to me that anything i change in comments in detail.php must be changed in ajaxcomments.php  :cry:but i cannot find step 1 in ajax comments. :wink: Thank u sir :o
That mod is exception. You don't need do anything in ajaxcomments.php as it's already supports "Paging for comments" mod.

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »
Hi Vano,

It would be also possible that the newest comment is displayed first?

Ps.: Add to: Mods Works Perfektly at 1.7.8 / Mods Laufen Perfekt mit 1.7.8
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:21:54 AM by Benny »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 12:46:11 AM »
In step 1.2 replace ASC with DESC

Offline Marion

• View Profile
    • Tubes'n Art 4you
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
Hi,
I need a little help with this mod.
I first installed Universal Paging 1.1.2 > all fine.
I installed Paging for comments with no errors. I can see on details.html :Found 8 comments ... incl. Dropdown, also below Erste Seite 1..2..3...  and   Go.
BUT there is no splitting of the comments. All 8 comments are shown on each site although I choose f.e.  3.

4images 1.7.9

details.php-text is attached

edit: I've just seen, there is an error when posting an new comment (comment appears nevertheless) :
DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT comment_ip, comment_date FROM 4images_comments WHERE image_id = 1014 ORDER BY comment_date DESC LIMIT ,
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5

schonmal vielen Dank
Marion
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:30:10 PM by Marion »

Offline Marion

• View Profile
    • Tubes'n Art 4you
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
I would be very glad if someone could help. Unfortunately I can't master it by myself, neither the thing with no splitting of the comments nor the
thing with the error message.
I want to use the MOD in combination with the simple Guestbook (http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=25008) .