Author Topic: several Apache/PHP versions on same computer?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
several Apache/PHP versions on same computer?
« on: April 05, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »
I would like for test purpose install Apache2 with PHP v4.3.1 on same box with Apache 1.6 with PHP v4.2.3
I can start it, but the only problem is that PHP looking for php.ini file in only one dir: c:\windows\ (on my WinXP system)
so I was wandering, how can I make PHP use php.ini file not from c:\windows\ folder, but from somewhere else?
I'm using PHP as a module in Apache, that means it using .dll instead of .exe
hope someone know the answer ;)
thx
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline cisiodon

• View Profile
Apache
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 07:38:15 PM »
You need Microsoft Installer 1.2 or above for the installation to work. On Windows 9x you can update your Microsoft Installer to version 2.0 here and on Windows NT 4.0 and 2000 the version 2.0 update can be found here. Windows XP does not need this update.

Note that you cannot install two versions of Apache 2.0 on the same computer with the binary installer. You can, however, install a version of the 1.3 series and a version of the 2.0 series on the same computer without problems. If you need to have two different 2.0 versions on the same computer, you have to compile and install Apache from the source.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html

Mike
http://www.netforum.com.br

Running PostNuke Multi Theme -  X-Forum - WebCam Portal - 4Images gallery
Banner Exchange 1:1
Paint Board on Line with Gallery and Blogs