Author Topic: I'm unable to access my photo gallery due to a "Parse Error"  (Read 6509 times)

Offline shallwe

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I'm unable to access my photo gallery due to a "Parse Error"
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »
Hiya,

when I or anyone tries to access my photo gallery it comes up with the message ...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/shallwe/public_html/photogallery/lang/english/main.php on line 80

... please could you help me overcome this problem?

the usual site address is www.shallwesetbenonfire.co.uk/photogallery

Thank you for your time

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: I'm unable to access my photo gallery due to a "Parse Error"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:22:49 PM »
And what is on line 80 from your main.php file ?  :?

Offline shallwe

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »
i don't know, how do you find that out?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 01:12:01 AM »
i don't know, how do you find that out?
hmmmm...I'm afraid to suggest anything else after such question...it could be worse...:?

1) make sure you upload .php files in TEXT (ASCII) mode, not BINARY !
2) if you did change ANYTHING, ANYWHERE in ANY .php files (which I doubt), then restore backups and try again.
3) if you dont know anything about webservers or how to work with software such as 4images, then perhaps it would be best if you find someone who can do it for you ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline spritzy

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:52:39 AM »
I found this problem last night in 3 4images galleries I have. I checked line 80 and found strange code in there, and then went on to discover that all 3 of my galleries have been 'hacked' in this way. I don't know if thats what you'd call it, but once I had removed the strange coding, the gallery would load and I found that there was trashy links on the end of all my file names and links. When I investigated further, I found all 3 galleries had been fiddled with at the exact same time - between 11pm and midnight on friday 13th january, and that some files have been changed, and alot have been added, and all .htaccess files edited. Is this a security hole or something? Is is exactly the same for each gallery. The odd coding seems to be prefixed with "»" in most places. Does anyone know what I can do?

One album I haven't changed at all, other than the coding in line80 - which, by the way is the

$lang['register_download'] = "Please register to download images.<br/><a href=\"{url_register}\">Register now</a>"; line

http://www.virtualeyes.org/album/

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 02:31:15 PM »
hmmm...if you have installed all the fixes (especialy security fixes), then it was either done through a hole on your server or through a hole in 4images that we are not aware of...:?
If later, then I'd like to get more info on what exactly was added into the files, and if possible in which lines.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline spritzy

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »
I've took the whole gallery down. I was fed up trying to clean it up. I didn't install the fixes.. didn't know I had to. Could you please point me in the right direction on where to get those fixes for when I reinstall? Thanks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 12:39:58 AM »
The link in my signature ;)