Author Topic: Please Help (urgent) :: This Template?  (Read 6859 times)

Offline bobb

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Please Help (urgent) :: This Template?
« on: January 24, 2006, 04:47:28 PM »
Hey, check out http://www.iheartjakemedia.com/ gallery. I'd love to have something like that! A sidebar, a header ... I don't know how to get a template like that though. Or did the person code the gallery herself?

CAn anybody please please pelase help me? I currently have a default template, called 4grey2.

Please help!  :cry:

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: Please Help (urgent) :: This Template?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
Perhaps it has been coded from the webmaster or perhaps it is an existent template that has been expanded with more personalized links from the header. ;)

Offline bobb

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:36:43 PM »
Perhaps. That was what I asked. But I can code a layout like that, the problem is, that I don't know how 4images works. For example, where it asys "CATEGORIES" or "RANDOM IMAGES" or "NEWEST IMAGES". I am not supposed to include that in my layout coding right? Because, it wouldn't be "random" images ... Argh I dunno how to express myself! What I'm trying to say is .... When I check my 4images details file, and other files, there's a bunch of these things:

{if random_image}
{lang_search}
{user_box}
{lang_new_images}
{template_url}

etecera. My GUESS is that these { "include" something. For example, the categories, the default images, the new images.

LIke I said, I have no problem coding a layout, that's already finished. I just dont know how to place the "Detaulf Images" and "CAtegories thumbnail" within my layout. So, I've coded a layout page and it's called layout.php

But which file in 4images am I SUPPOSED to edit if I want to change the appearance? For exmaple in a regular site, the layout lies within the index.html/php (if using frames) OR often the header.php or header.inc if using header and footers, right? But in 4images, the layout code does NOT lie in the header.php. Where does it lie? Does my question make any sense? I tried to edit the DETAILS file but I don't thinkt hat's where the layout lies because the gallery looked EXACTLY like before, no layout change at all.

So, my very first question is, now when I've made a layout.php file, WHICH file within 4images do I need to edit, to edit the appearance of the layout?

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:38:55 PM »
Since 4images tolerates both ways to include readings inside HTML files such as PHP files "or" by using tags (I mostly recommend the 2nd option), the choice is still yours on how handle your templates.

Unfortunitely, there are no tutorials regarding the implementation of tags "but" you do have numerous different topics you could read by using the forum's search engine though. ;)

If, by searching the forum does not return the results you expected, the third option would be by requesting someone to implement your template(s) for you (if so, quotes are being negociated within PM messages or by e-mail).

{if random_image}
{lang_search}
{user_box}
{lang_new_images}
{template_url}

For instance, these are called : tags (which would still be considered as the 1st option to do since I'd personally rather not include any PHP files in my template(s) but simply to parse them - I find this technic safer than including files). ;)

In the mean time, if you did not configured your PHP files inclusion options already, I'd suggest to do so from your includes/constants.php file by switching '0' to '1' in the initial. ;)

Lately, I created a tutorial in order to have a better understanding on how these tags works from PHP within HTML files. ;)

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11069.0

However, if you do not wish to parse your HTML files but simply include them into your templates, here's a topic on how to do this :

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6839.0

;)

Offline bobb

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 10:28:05 PM »
Thanks for yourt time :D I think I'm beginning to understand things. If I want to show the random images, newest adds or whatever, i use the {} to "include" the newest adds file, random images files und so weiter.

Now, I finally achieved a design for the index page :D :D :D :D  Instead of struggling witht he details file, I went ot the home.html file and it worked! Why didn't anybody tell me that this was the file I was supposed to edit=?  8O

Anyways, now i have another problem. The layout for the index page sure looks great, but whenever clicking on alink, that takes me to an album, to registring, or to whatever, I get the old template back. Why? How can I change this? I want my new template instead?

I am actualy using template "default", the only hing I did was that I went into default > home.html and style.css and edited here and there. But like I said, the stuff I edited only seems to work for the index page and not the rest of the pages.

Please?  :oops:

Offline artpics

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 11:35:33 PM »
edit all the files in the templates folder ......... details.html catagoriies.html etc........ etc............

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 11:39:57 PM »
To clarify, each HTML files needs to be edited with the same layout structure (and that goes for every customized template you will implement in your gallery).