Author Topic: Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error!  (Read 8335 times)

Offline aerhead

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error!
« on: August 22, 2006, 04:39:36 AM »
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /homepages/6/d92978837/htdocs/uniquebeings/4images/admin/thumbnailer.php on line 115

I KNOW this has been posted a few times but the answers haven't helped me.  I'm tried each one and when I still click Auto-Thumbnail, that error message comes up, even when there aren't any thumbnails to create.  I'm at a loss for what I should do.  I'm using the the most updated version of 4Images.  I'm using a Mac but I don't see how that would effect this since I've been runing this version for awhile and have been using 4Images for sometime as well and have never recieved this error.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »
1) did you check permissions?
2) is admin/thumbnailer.php is the only place you see the message?
3) do you run pre-compilled web server (whatever you are using) or did you compile it yourself? Perhaps the webserver itself or PHP is not installed correctly...
4) for debuging purpose find in admin/thumbnailer.php
Code: [Select]
        $image_info = getimagesize(MEDIA_PATH."/".$image_row['cat_id']."/".$image_row['image_media_file']);
Insert below:
Code: [Select]
echo "<br>".MEDIA_PATH."/".$image_row['cat_id']."/".$image_row['image_media_file']."<br>";
Then run the thumbnailer again, it should show you paths along with the error messages. Make sure the paths are correct
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:19:02 PM by V@no »
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline aerhead

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 05:54:39 AM »
I've checked the permissions and they're as they were when I first started with this.

Yes, this is the only place I see this error.  Everything else is working fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by pre-compiled or if I compiled it.  I don't know why it wouldn't be installed correctly since I've had this for quite awhile.

I tried what you did but I don't think I'm quite understanding what you mean.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:53:41 AM »
maybe some of the media files you have corrupted?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline aerhead

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 06:58:40 AM »
Okay, so what do you suggest I do?