Author Topic: Let users select a language and Image question .Please help  (Read 9658 times)

Offline larissa

• View Profile
    • http://web.tiscali.it/ceramichelarissa
Hi all,   :wink:
I have 2 great problems to solve :

1 I am aware of the possibility to let user chose a language (as at v@no site ) but i wonder whether is possible to change not only the text stored in   whatever-language\main.php but also Categories name  and descriptions and son on... See a good  example at http://www.artisanexpo.it.
This would be of great help for me as now I am forced to use  differents databases for different languages.

2 Problem with images : I would like the possibility to have the same image  in different categories. For instance the same foto stored in category called "Ceramic" ( where you can see all the ceramic images of all the  artists ) and the same image under a Category called "Artist by name" where you see images of a certain  artist. Now I have to put the same images in both categories.  It is not only a waste of time but also  a problem as the two images of the same object  may appear
in searches and new image.

Thanks a lot for any help
BTW Great great comunity.
Ciao Larissa

Offline stefano

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
I have the same problem..
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 06:32:17 PM »
I run 4homepages in four languages and also i want the same image in two different categories.
I have to manage 4 database and insert the same image 8 time.
I hope someone will help us.
Stefano

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Let users select a language and Image question .Please help
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 10:15:04 PM »
Quote from: larissa
1but also Categories name  and descriptions and son on...

2I would like the possibility to have the same image  in different categories.

1. I think I can figure some sort off multilang-BBCode for it. For example, [en]english text[/en][fr]french text[/fr] and so on. How about that idea? ;)

2. Hope someone can figure this out, but right now I have only two ideas:
- create new function for ACP "copy images" this will phisicaly copy images to different categories (dublicate)
- add alias. This will just add a "mirrow" category ID into images database (this might be even simplier to do)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline larissa

• View Profile
Let users select a language and Image question .Please help
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 07:10:18 PM »
Dear v@no,
I hope you are going to help me in both problems.
My PHP knowledge is not that much ( only 1 year).
I do not understand  your suggestions  ..... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

what do you mean with :

1. I think I can figure some sort off multilang-BBCode for it. For example, [en]english text[/en][fr]french text[/fr] and so on. How about that idea?

and

- create new function for ACP "copy images" this will phisicaly copy images to different categories (dublicate)
- add alias. This will just add a "mirrow" category ID into images database (this might be even simplier to do)

can you please give more details ??

Thanks in advance Larissa

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Let users select a language and Image question .Please help
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 12:05:08 AM »
My PHP knowledge is not that much ( only 1 year).
about same here...discovered PHP in June last year, but "looked" into code only in October... :oops:

what do you mean with :

1. I think I can figure some sort off multilang-BBCode for it. For example, [en]english text[/en][fr]french text[/fr] and so on. How about that idea?

ok, here is a deal. with that BBCode, u'll be able write in your image/category description with more then one language and separate them with bbcode [en]...[/en] or [de]...[/de] then, when it prints out it will show text only betwen [lang] and [/lang] where lang is matching currently selected language. For instance if u have in your description:
[en]here goes my english text[/en]
[fr]here goes my text in french[/fr][de]and text in german[/de]
and your currently selected language is french, then only text between [fr] and [/fr] will be printed, the rest will be just ignored (skiped).

for this one, I can not give u more details, because with more details I could just give the whole mod...but dont have time right now...sorry.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline larissa

• View Profile
Tks v@no
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 01:11:33 AM »
thanks v@no
I will try the bbcode
but I am in the desperate need for the image matter...
do you know anyone  that could help me
I am ready to donate ( pay ) for help
Thanks Lari
BTW are u russian ?? I am

Offline larissa

• View Profile
One more question ..Sorry
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 01:13:35 AM »
Do yuo think bbcode  will work for category name as well???
Ciao lari

Offline stefano

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Larissa and ...my problem
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 01:15:02 PM »
Hi v@eno i try the suggestions you gave to Larissa about the BBcode
but I all the get is the Bbcode tag in the category description... :cry:
I guess there must be a way to enable such tag in categories description
in admin field

Please help
Stefano
P.S. As larissa I am willing to pay to avoid the images duplication in different categories and  the possibility to have the category name and description in different language

Offline ameenov

• View Profile
Re: Let users select a language and Image question .Please help
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 03:38:53 PM »
UP

I want this:

1 I am aware of the possibility to let user chose a language (as at v@no site ) but i wonder whether is possible to change not only the text stored in   whatever-language\main.php but also Categories name  and descriptions and son on... See a good  example at http://www.artisanexpo.it.
This would be of great help for me as now I am forced to use  differents databases for different languages.

Any more details? OR ready MOD?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo