Author Topic: Modding 4images need to change format  (Read 3836 times)

Offline digi-foto

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Modding 4images need to change format
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:22:15 AM »

To Jan and the other developers of 4images

the format of modding 4images need to be changed to a plug-in type system, like vbulletin 3.5.x
and  mods should be controlled from the admin control panel
Admin/Owner should be able to turn on and turn off a MOD from the site without having to edit 10 PHP files with over 30 edits

Currently: to add a mod to 4images one has to edit maybe 5 files, 30 locations in those files, he has to add and remove batch of codes.
If he addes 4 mods after this and later wishes to remove the first mod, its practically impossible as he has to go back and  find all the codes he changed, which may have also changed when he added mod number 3 .

If one wants to add 10 mods from the modification forums, he has to spend maybe 10 hours or more, thats not impossible, but is ridiculous .

Mods/Hacks should ALL be controlled from the Admin Control Panel,
he can turn on, turn off, change settings, functions, options. etc..

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Modding 4images need to change format
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:42:54 AM »
It has been considered for future versions, but it wont happend in v1.x, perhaps v2 if it comes out...(dont ask when ;))
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)