Author Topic: looking for clean Template without somuch table Tags  (Read 39833 times)

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
looking for clean Template without somuch table Tags
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
Hi,
I'm looking since a very long time for a really usefull template that did not use tables for design. The Code of most of the templates is to big, not crossbrowser conform, not CSS able, not state of the art, etc. more -> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

Ok, I could create a new one. But there is not good documentation of the template tags (something like this http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags) and that make it hard to do.

Anyway, everybody is welcome who can provide something more container like with DIV and SPAN and CLASS and ID :-)

-----------------------

Hallo,
ich suche schon seit längerem ein wirklich gutes Template, das keine Tabellen zum Designen der Seite nutzt. Der Tabellen Code ist viel zu groß, veraltet, nicht den heutigen Standards entsprechend usw. weiter? -> http://seybold.jan-andresen.de/index.php

Klar, ich könnte mir mein eigenes Template bauen. Nur gibt es nirgendwo eine Dokumentation aller Template Tages, wie sie z.B. für WordPress vorhanden ist. http://doku.wordpress-deutschland.org/Template_Tags Also ein hartes Stück arbeit.

Daher bin ich jedem Dankbar, der etwas entsprechendes hat und postet!

Danke

manurom

Re: looking for clean Template without somuch table Tags
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »
Hello;
I don't care if you're right or wrong, but you may have a look at here: 4images Gallery Tabellenfrei

For me, a good croosbrowser solution would be not to use Micro$oft browsers.

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:17:16 AM »
THX, nice page and exactly what I'm looking for. But the guy (who did a great job there) did not provide any download.

manurom

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »
Well, I don't know how he works, cause I understand nothing about german... :oops:
BTW, I archived his work and you can find the complete template in attachment.
Please, it would be nice of you to contact him to say that you use his template.
Many thanks to him for his job.

manurom

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:04 AM »
Wow!
I din't expect that.
I have posted the template archive since 15mn and there are already two downloads!
Please, if you decide to download and use this template, notify the developper/owner here: http://www.spoppe.de/cms/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/
Just remember he has worked a lot, and a little message saying "hello" and "thanks" would probably help him to keep on creating such fantastic stuff.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:16:24 AM by manurom »

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:15:36 AM »
@manurom: Yeah, seems that not everybody is satisfied with the table design of all the other templates. :lol:

@all: I'll take the input of the digi style template and set up a new one with all features of 4images but no or just a small css file. You then can easily set up you own css configuration. I'll post it in the near future (maybe this weekend).

manurom

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:45:03 AM »
@manurom: Yeah, seems that not everybody is satisfied with the table design of all the other templates. :lol:

@all: I'll take the input of the digi style template and set up a new one with all features of 4images but no or just a small css file. You then can easily set up you own css configuration. I'll post it in the near future (maybe this weekend).
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Waiting for your reply. :D
Many thanks in advance.

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:40 PM »
70% of the files are reworked and ready  :wink: What a work since the last 4 hours :-) Design tested with FF2 and IE7. Everything seems ok. Missing files and a final version with some bug fixes will come within the next days.

Some outlook?
Home / index file size with
default template = 21kb
and now = 11kb reduced by 50%  :D

for the category.php
default = Total Size: 33444 bytes
and now = Total Size: 16166 bytes reduced by >50%  :D

manurom

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:26:26 AM »
Hello and thanks;
I downloaded it and added missing files. The test is very good and satisfying.
I like the fullscreen display, although left panel lacks some background.
I am working since two weeks on two new templates with a lot of <div> tags, and want to get them one hundred percent cross-browser compliant. I hope it could help me in this way (in fact, only Microsoft :evil: browsers borrowed me, as usual...).
Please keep on working on it. I will share any step I'll do.

Anyway, many thanks, man.
Waitin' for U.

Offline kai

• Administrator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »
Wow! Keept up your good work! :)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 10:55:45 AM »
I like the fullscreen display, although left panel lacks some background.

Due to the use of the DIV container and the different IDs and CLASSes you can easily change everything with creating a new template. Just edit the css file.
For the left panel it is id="sidebar". Put in a background image or color. Or change the width or what ever. But i will change some id's into classes to become a valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Code.

want to get them one hundred percent cross-browser compliant. I hope it could help me in this way (in fact, only Microsoft :evil: browsers borrowed me, as usual...).
Yeah, that hard! Currently my design did not work 100% at IE6. Don't know if i will fix it.

From todays planing I will provide 2 different CSS files with the final version. One basic version with as less Code as possible (like the current one).
And maybe a additional one with navigation on the right, the 4images delauft logo on the top and some more CSS Styles that I will use on my own version.

manurom

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »
Well, let us fight against MS IE6 lacks and abyssal holes!
This browser is really a mess... BTW, I tried Safari Browser 3 (Beta!!!!!) for Windows and had a lot of fun... Well, noone is perfect, but respecting WWW standards seems to be weird! (ore erlse, do they expect us to all use their non-compliant browsers?  I do not care about the Dow-Jones status in anyway... I prefer to use Firefox since a few years.)

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 08:21:41 PM »
So, FF2 and IE7 is ready!  8)
Please take a look at the code and the style in the different Browsers. The Power of CSS.  :twisted:

Please report Bugs for FF2 and IE7 only! I know that it is not crossbrowser coded! I try to create one for older browsers in the next days.

EDIT: Now with alls files :-)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:40:13 PM by the0bone »

manurom

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
I may be wrong, but I don't find the files style_black.css and style_blue.css. :?

Offline the0bone

• View Profile
    • yourhp
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 08:50:58 PM »
oups! zip is now with all files  8O