4images Help / Hilfe > FAQ, Tips

4images Installation

<< < (3/10) > >>

princessew:
Aha, it said files! I can't even read... Thanks for your help now everything works and too bad that images uploaded with FTP wont auto thumbnail automatically... I'll just do that on my own. :D As I know my self I might have some ? in future but for now, I'm good to go! Thanks again! :wink:

izone:
Is there anywhere that I can find a manual upgrade? I have many mods on mine and it is better for me to do it manualy!

tvvladimir:
I get smae thing as most people here:
1. I have easyPHP installed! that is Mysql, phpmyadmin, apache and php engine!
2. I have checked my php works!
3. i have tried to open the install file with

http://localhost:8080/4images/lang/english/install.php

but i get blank page.

So i guess it ii step 2 or three i do wrong:

2) make sure when you upload files to the server, only .php, .txt, .sql and .html files must be uploaded in ASCII, the rest must be uploaded in BINARY

I have uploaded only binary install! In fact i can't understand howamny file si have to download?! I downloaded binary for windows! and isn't it enough?

3) make sure that you recreate the directory tree as in the original package (if a file is in includes folder, on the server it must be in includes folder as well)

let me see if i understant this statement right- i just copy and pase unzipped folder 4images to my localhost root folder? with all the folders and files being same as when after being unzipped?

V@no:
1) you dont need to point to any of .php files, or if you wish, point to install.php that is located at your 4images root directory: http://localhost:8080/4images/install.php
2) I dont understand neither what you did nor what is your question... if you are working on your local machine, then that step not applyed to you, it only needed if you upload files via FTP to a remote server
3) exactly. the zip archive already has all needed files into correct folders. All you have to do is copy the files into the same folders as they are in the archive.

tvvladimir:
God i';m so stupid! I was pointing at wrong nstall php file!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version