Author Topic: Auto Thumbnailer fails after server PHP/MySQL upgrade 4images 1.7.6  (Read 2912 times)

Offline vireland

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
My host upgraded a ton of stuff in the last month, including MySQL (to ver 5), PHP (5.2.x), Zend Optimizer (3.3.3), and Ruby on Rails.

The MySQL upgrade broke 4images 1.7.1 and the PHP or Zend seems to have broken the auto thumbnailer.

I upgraded to 4images 1.7.6 to fix the MySql problem, but the auto thumbnailer is still broken even in 1.7.6.  It runs out of memory, even though it worked FINE with only 8MB for three years before the host upgrade.  Now, I can allocate 8, 12, 16, or even 24 MB and it still fails with a Fatal Error.  I'm sure the problem is not truly memory but something in the upgrade that has made this happen, but I don't have a clue about where to look.  Any suggestions?

Here's the current error, with 24MB allocated:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9308 bytes) in /home/theteard/public_html/gallery/includes/image_utils.php on line 80

It's trying to thumbnail a single picture that's only about 700k!

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Host fixed the problem.  Here were the two fixes:

1. The path to the upgraded Zend optimizer was wrong.
2. PHP5 required 6x more memory for the thumbnailer!  PHP4 only used the default 8MB in the admin directory php.ini and worked fine.  PHP5 required 50MB to complete without a fatal error!  This was on relatively small pictures of less than 1MB!  HUGE memory waste!

But, it's fixed now.  Hopefully this will help anyone else who may run across this set of circumstances with Auto-Thumbnailer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:08:04 AM by vireland »