Author Topic: Partial Search Problems  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Trent

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.trentadams.com
Partial Search Problems
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »
I am having trouble with partial searches.  For example, if I search for 'horse', it will only bring up topics with that name in keywords or in the title.  That is the way it is supposed to work, I know.

Problem is with partial searches.  For example, when I search for 'horse', it will not bring up items with keywords or topics with 'horses' and 'horseback'. 

Knowing that, I have tried to get those topics as well as the ones from horse in the search with all three examples next;  '*horse' , '*horse*' , and 'horse*' and nothing comes up but the topics brought up by searching 'horse'. 

Any idea how to get everything brought in using a wild card?  I would give my URL, but it is a 'registered only' gallery and you have to be logged in.  Not sure if someone else has an idea how to fix this or can use their own gallery to test this out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trent Adams

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Trent

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.trentadams.com
Re: Partial Search Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:02:22 AM »
Thank you so much Veno!   That is exactly what I was trying to do!  Just didn't quite know how to 'search' the forum for it!   :wink:

Trent