Author Topic: How to display Fonts  (Read 3499 times)

Offline lapinkulta

• View Profile
How to display Fonts
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:32:35 PM »
Hi!
I downloaded 4images and i think it's a great software.

One question:
I would like to store some Windows TTF fonts in my gallery. Is there a plug-in that automatically recognizes them and genereates thumbnails with a given text or the font name? I have seen sites using 4images for fonts too, but I have no idea how that make it.

Greetings,
lapinkulta
Two hours of try and error can save ten minutes of manual reading.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: How to display Fonts
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »
I havent seen anything like that here, and I belive it wouldnt be too dificult to make, but there is one issue is how do u know what sizes the font supports? and what size of the letters should be used on thumbnails for each font?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline lapinkulta

• View Profile
Re: How to display Fonts
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
I checked the galleries using 4homepages and it seems that the fonts are added there manually, with manually generated thumbnails. However there's another website i found where they display fonts quite nicely. As the thumbnail the name of the font could be used, in details view also the alphabet or some standard sentence. The size shouldn't an issue, maybe 20 or so.

See here: http://www.elefuns.com/index.php?id=4&idd=18603

greetings,
lapinkulta
Two hours of try and error can save ten minutes of manual reading.