Author Topic: Validate Images  (Read 10188 times)

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
Validate Images
« on: May 07, 2002, 05:42:28 PM »
When a member uploads something it goes straight into the data base , it does not show up on new images in the control panel or validate images, it just goes into the database , but when we try to edit images then it appears and i have to activate it before it appears. Is this me or is this how it is surposed to work.If we have thousands of images and hundreds of catorgories its going to be hard finding these uploads ??
Can you help :?:

Giffy :wink:

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
Validate Images
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 06:11:59 PM »
Check the category permissions for "Upload" and "Direct Upload".
"Direct Upload" means, that images will be inserted directly to the database and must not be validated.

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
Validate Images
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 06:23:58 PM »
Ya i tried this but it didnt work but after 3 times then it worked, hmmm strange, every thing works.

I was getting this error with safe mode and looked around in your forum and found this  (to supress the error message, change line 284 ) if (!$remote_file && $imageinfo = @getimagesize($file, $info)) {

What does that do , we are getting image magick installed on our server will this cause problems with this  :?:

One thing which would be nice is for the next update would be having a live chat window so all members can chat to eachother while viewing the site  :idea:

Giffy  :D

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Validate Images
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 06:28:59 PM »
I recommend you, to turn SAFE_MODE off. With SAFE_MODE on you will be not able to use Auto-Thumbnailer and Resizer. So it makes no sense to install ImageMagick.

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline giffy007

• View Profile
Validate Images
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 06:35:12 PM »
Yes we will put it out of safe mode when we install it , when the complete version is finshed will the templates stay the same, because its pointless making new templates if they are going to be changed in the final version  :?:

Giffy :wink:

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Validate Images
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 06:45:54 PM »
Yes, i think i will not change templates.

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Western Rhythm

• View Profile
    • http://www.westernrhythm.com
Figured out why it doesn't work
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 04:49:58 AM »
I've been messing around with this as well, and I was wondering why it wouldn't appear in the gallery or in the validate images. And now I know why. As a guest u can upload on my gallery, but the program doesn't recognise a guest as a user and so the image won't appear in the validate image section. YOu have to seach in the edit image to find the image...

Is this a bug? At the moment I do not want to use the user database for the gallery because I have forums for that, so can I either integrate the two or find out whats wrong?

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Validate Images
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 08:15:46 AM »
Check the permissions for "Direct Upload". "Direct Upload" means that the images were inserted directly to the gallery and must not be validated.

Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Western Rhythm

• View Profile
    • http://www.westernrhythm.com
permissions
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2002, 08:30:00 AM »
ok its working now. It wasn't working before, thats very strange... I haven't adjusted anything either...

thanks Jan,

sorry you have sort out these stupid problems...