Author Topic: Using Plesk in place of Fantastico for installation  (Read 5084 times)

Offline IBELIEVEINU

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Using Plesk in place of Fantastico for installation
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
My webhost uses Plesk as their panel.  In the installation instruction it says to unzip via ftp to your webhost and then direct your browser to the directory where all has been unzipped to.  I am making an assumption I want to call the install.php to open the installation screen, however, to do this I need fantastico "which i can't find a freeware" of, and I find that my webhost uses "Plesk" not CPanel to add to my frustrations.

Advice on this would be much appreciated.  Maybe a transfer of webhosting packages to a new host using CPanel to make life easier?  HELPPPPPPPP!!! :(

Offline V@nо

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
Re: Using Plesk in place of Fantastico for installation
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »
Hello. Welcome to 4images forum.
You seems misunderstood installation instructions a little ;)

what you need to do is unzip 4images package on your computer, then transfer extracted files onto your server, restoring directory tree from the package. most ftp clients do that automatically.

When everything uploaded open in your browser the directory on your webserver, where you uploaded 4images. the installation process should start automatically.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
If I asked you to PM me, I meant PM to my primary account, this account doesn't accept PMs.

Offline IBELIEVEINU

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »
thanks for your reply and welcime, but Thats just it.  I extracted locally and loaded directory structure just as you are saying here.  The installation does not start when I go into the browser on my server and start any install. :-(  i go into the webserver through browser to my domain/4images/ and nothing.

Offline IBELIEVEINU

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
I finally have the installation completed and the directories with chmod permissions completed.  What did n't happen is when the installation completed successuly screen came up I did not get to log into my control panel to continue with what was to come next.

what is the url that would show for the installation syntax?

http://clearsolutionsca.biz/4images was where install php was done
dabatase in mysql - touchofdestiny

I have no categories set or anything as I do not know where to go now to start?  any help appreciated.  And i no longer use plesk, I am using cpanel. thanks.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:06:06 AM »
First, depends on what language you want to use in your gallery (you'll be able change it later if you want), select desired language on top right corner.

Then start filling up the fields:
Database server hostname - if you don't know what to input here, you'll need contact your host administrator.
Database name - if "touchofdestiny" is your new database you've created, then enter touchofdestiny
Database username / password - this also you'll need find out from your hoster
Prefix for tables in database - leave it default (or change to whatever you wish, this prefix will be used in names of new fields that the installation process will add into your database)

Admin username / password - enter whatever you want, make sure you remember it, because that is the default administrator account that will be created for you to manage 4images.

After submitting this form 4images will try create config.php file with the data from the form, if it fails, it will offer you download config.php to your computer which then you'll need upload into root of 4images via FTP.
Once config.php is in place and you see 4images homepage, login using administrator username/password that you've submitted during installation process, then you'll see control panel link at the bottom of each page, from there you'll be able manage your 4images.

Hope this helps.

Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)