Author Topic: Change ICQ to MSN  (Read 4657 times)

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
Change ICQ to MSN
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »
Ok I've done some searches on the board and found little to no solid work arounds to changing the ICQ field to MSN. I dont use ICQ anymore and I dont have any users who do. All i want to do is change the ICQ field in the member_profile.html to be used as an MSN entry that will show if the user is online or offline, the same way the ICQ does.

I have the online indicator link http://www.onlinestatus.org/index.html

I tried to follow this thread on the subject http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=8748.0

but the feild isnt accepting an email address when i save the profile. It goes blank. Numbers will stay (old icq way) but no text. Tried messin with the attributes in the table through phpmyadmin but no success.

Anyone have any idea how to get this to work?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:57:20 AM by sigma. »

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
Re: Change ICQ to MSN
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 05:58:14 PM »
what must be change inorder to specify an email address insted of a numeric entry?

Offline sigma.

• cydonian.com/potd
    • View Profile
    • sigma's gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:28:18 PM »
no one? Im surprised that no one has wanted to make this change. MSN is much more popular than ICQ.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:13:45 PM »
because its easier just add a new field in the database and update includes/db_field_definitions.php
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)