Author Topic: Poblem with Thumbnails  (Read 7043 times)

Offline poseido

• View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« on: June 08, 2002, 08:45:37 PM »
Hello.
First of all, sorry about my english.

I have installed 4images 1.5 final, and everithing is workig, except for a little thing.
Whe a user uploads any jpg, ¿how do I create the thumbnail?
if I upload it by FTP, first I go to "admin/checkimages.php?action=checkimages" and It finds the new images, after this I go to "admin/thumbnailer.php?action=checkthumbnails" and it generates the thumbs by GD correctly.
but the problems comes out when a user Uploads a jpg, I do not know how to creat the thumbnail, y do the same things that if I uploaded the picture by ftp, but It says to me "no new images"

Anyone can help me? I seached troguht the forum, but I did not find an answer, (probabily because most os the post are in German, and I am from spain  :P

Thanks in advance

PD (Nice script!)

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 08:13:09 AM »
Hi,

i'm not usre understanding you right. A user upload images and if you go to the Auto-Thumbnailer and click "Check thumbails" (Comprobar thumnails) ther are no search results?

Greets Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline poseido

• View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 08:33:40 AM »
Ok. the porblem is, that when a user upload a picture, I can not make the thumbnail, It´s supossed that I have to go to the admin panel, and click on "check tumbnails" admin/checkimages.php?action=checkimages

But It says to me No results found.
If you want to try it for yourself, please say so, I´ll send you a private message with login and pass :)
Thanks

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2002, 08:41:20 AM »
Hi,

"Check new images" can be only used to search for new images on the server uploaded by ftp.

If a user uploads image from the gallery, you have to validate the images with "Validate Images".

Note: If the images have to be validated depends on the permissions ("Direct Upload") you set for this category. "Direct Upload" means that the uploaded image will be inserted directly to the gallery and have not to be validated. If you are logged in as Admin, you always have the permissions for "Direct Upoad"!

Greets Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline poseido

• View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2002, 08:28:06 PM »
Ok, but the problem is the same, It says no new pictures (when validating)

The permisions on the category is that anyone can do everithing, except, donwloading, that can be done only by registered users.

So..
If I understand it right, if anyone uploads a picture that has not to be validated (because the permisions), I can no make the thumbnail?

http://poseido.host.sk/galeria

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2002, 09:01:45 PM »
Quote from: poseido
Ok, but the problem is the same, It says no new pictures (when validating)

The permisions on the category is that anyone can do everithing, except, donwloading, that can be done only by registered users.

Note: If you are logged in as admin, you have always the permission for "Direct Upload"!

If I understand it right, if anyone uploads a picture that has not to be validated (because the permisions), I can no make the thumbnail?

Yes

Greets Jan
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline poseido

• View Profile
Poblem with Thumbnails
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2002, 09:45:35 PM »
Ok. thanks.

I assume you wanted to say that the only way to do thumbnails if a user uploads a picture, is if the image has to be validated. 8O

It´s a pity, because I wanted to do a non registering site. whith as little intervention by the admins as possible, but without thumbnails, the site do not seem too good :(

I hope you fix this ... issue on new releases

and, thanks for yout help