Author Topic: 4images 1.7.6. integration with phpbb 3.04 (learning basics)  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Fere

• echo "Hello world!"
    • View Profile
    • www.aribrushart.ro
4images 1.7.6. integration with phpbb 3.04 (learning basics)
« on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
Since I really need to integrate 4 images 1.7.6 into phpbb 3.04 I decided to learn PHP myself and look for a solution. I just started on w3schools and things are going fine but soon I'll need some papers about 4images's structure and functionality, how it works, which are the roles of diferent pages (sessions, functions, includes folder, you know... all the basic stuff). For the moment I have only vague ideas about it's internal workings and I need to get oriented in the good direction... The point is that I really want to understand what's "happening under the hood" and not act blindly.

I've allready found an usefull wikipage for the integration part, but for now I need to start with the basics to be sure that I understand every step that I make. I know that my description is vague but so is my PHP knowledge at the moment. As I'll learn more, my questions will be more acurate. I'll post soon about my progress ( PHP study and gallery integration) . Meanwhile I hope I'll receive some answers from you guys.

Here's the website on which I'm working. It's a website dedicated for the airbrush artists from my country, airbrushing being also my primary profession. Untill now I've spent allready two weeks, twelve hours per day, on template costumization. Fortunately I master pretty well the design part, now it's time to start coding.

I will apreciate your help!

Offline olli1it

• View Profile
Re: 4images 1.7.6. integration with phpbb 3.04 (learning basics)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:58:42 PM »
Hi Fere
Verry nice Site :D
The integration with Phpbb3 works fine?
I wouldnt study PHP but i like to create allso a combnation betwen 4images and phpbb
Maybe you can give some Tip??
Thanx
Olli

Offline Fere

• echo "Hello world!"
    • View Profile
    • www.aribrushart.ro
Re: 4images 1.7.6. integration with phpbb 3.04 (learning basics)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:03:05 AM »
Sorry, to dissapoint you but I'm still studying PHP and mysql as much as I can daily. Unfortunately in the last two weeks I have been working on a website for a travel agency and all my time is spent working on the template, studying and modifying another CMS for e-commerce. I'll return on this matter as soon as I can but I just can't say how much it'll take me to get a working mod for this issue. My schedule is overcrowded so I can't tell how much it'l take.

Till then stick around.