Author Topic: Version 1.7 versus 1.7.1  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
Version 1.7 versus 1.7.1
« on: January 30, 2006, 05:03:50 AM »
I currently have 1.7 installed and was wondering what the differences are between 1.7 and 1.7.1.  I have made several modifications and don't want to overwrite everything to upgrade, as the directions indicate.  I have searched the forum and can't find anything about the differences.  Is there anyway to get a list of the files that are changed, so I can install only those?  Or is the difference too drastic? 

Also, I am very concerned to see how many bug fixes are listed for 1.7 and 1.7.1.   It would take me way too long to make all the fixes indicated.  Have all of these fixes been added to the current downloadable version of 1.7.1?  Or do I have to do them all myself?

Thanks to anyone that can help.
ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com
League of Animal Artists - AnimalArtists.org

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Version 1.7 versus 1.7.1
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
v1.7.1 is little optimized version of v1.7
The major difference between two is that v1.7.1 does not use database to store sessions anymore, has new template engine (much faster) and has build-in cache feature.

Almost all files (if not all) were changed in v1.7.1 so, the only way to upgrade is to overwrite the files.

The currently avalable for download version does not contein the fixes (to avoid confusion).

Jan has been working on v1.7.2 which will contein nothing but the bug fixes that you can find on this forum. So hopefuly he'll release it soon.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Art By Vicky

• View Profile
    • ABV Arts Enterprises
Re: Version 1.7 versus 1.7.1
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 12:33:35 AM »
Thanks V@no for the reply.  I don't think I'll upgrade at this time then.  Thank you very much for the great info.

ABVarts.com
RoundTableWebDesign.com
ArtByVicky.com
League of Animal Artists - AnimalArtists.org