Author Topic: Yet Another Image Upload Problem  (Read 3540 times)

Offline bhafer

• View Profile
    • Hafer Technology Solutions
Yet Another Image Upload Problem
« on: March 14, 2003, 08:29:42 AM »
Quickly, before anyone blows me off to the FAQ, this is not your standard CHMOD or PHP Secure Mode problem . . .

My Host had to move my site to another server, and we've been having nothing but problems ever since.  A lot of it had to do with permissions, but there is one major issue left.

When anyone tries to upload an image is runs okay with no errors, and I've verified that the image actually does upload just fine.  But the thumbnail is the standard jpg or gif image from 4images, and the full image will not show.  Just a red "x".

I've asked my host the following three questions, and I am waiting for a reply.  Keep in mind we were working fine on the first server:
1) PHP upload is allowed
2) ImageMagick is installed, and verify path
3) GZip is installed

While I wait I wondered if anyone else had any insight.

-TIA

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Yet Another Image Upload Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 10:21:49 AM »
first thing what I would do, after u open a page, with red X, look in the source, what path it shows to the thumbnail?
then, try to see that picture directly (www.yourhost.com/4images/data/thumbnails/1/test.jpg)
ofcourse, make sure that the picture exist in that dir.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)