Author Topic: OMG Thats a long time.....  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Vienix

• View Profile
    • com.municate.nl
OMG Thats a long time.....
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:08:21 PM »
It has been almost 20 years since I started with 4images...... 8O

I recently found some old backups and installed the "new" 1.8 and wanted to try things out...

4images works, kind of, on php 7.4, but generates a lot of errors.... (in the log if you have display errors off, other wise  :oops:)

I tried to look in the code, maybe I could debug it? But things got too difficult...

So, now I am building a new frontend, totally replacing the 4images frontend code, HTML5 and responsive (no tables anymore), just using the 4images database.. (and replacing the admin too, to make things easy)

It will not have the full functionality, the interactive part is not something I used on my sites anyway, but it will be a great gallery for images only for the time being. Other media types may follow later...

Yes I know, already in the old days people moved to flickr, and they are all on facebook and other "social" media now, but there are still many 4images sites active.....

Lets make the individuality return and 4images galleries great again, watch this space, soon!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:36:19 PM by Vienix »
Thats It !

Offline comicart

• View Profile
Re: OMG Thats a long time.....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 07:32:51 AM »
Did you complete your task? Was it a success?

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
Re: OMG Thats a long time.....
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
I had already tried as well, but there is little to no one who wanted to help. Therefore, I have stopped the work as well.
https://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=33082.msg168296#msg168296