Author Topic: Links to categories not working *resolved*  (Read 2729 times)

Offline twolarrysracing

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Links to categories not working *resolved*
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:08:22 AM »
Hello all,

I am running version 1.7.8 4images and installed it today. I ran into problems with safe mode, so as per the helpful instructions included on this forum (thank you!) I edited the files and can now upload photos to the gallery. I also had to manually create the folders for each category. However, when I clicked on the links on my main page to visit a category, the links are broken and states, "The website cannot display the page." If I click on the photo preview at the bottom (new images) the photo shows up fine though.
xxx: vwenterprises. biz/4images/index. php

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:41:50 AM by twolarrysracing »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Links to categories not working
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:28:06 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

Make sure you have categories.php file in your 4images root directory (next to details.php) and make sure it has proper permissions (compare to details.php permissions)

If you did any kind of modifications in the code, then restore backups and try do these modifications again.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline twolarrysracing

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Links to categories not working
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:41:33 AM »
Proper permissions. I simply put the original files back and I can follow the links again AND upload photos. Thank you so much! So silly that something so simple was the answer, and that the safe mode modifications were unnecessary.