Author Topic: Modified Search Files & Results?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline MoshinInvader

• View Profile
Modified Search Files & Results?
« on: September 18, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
I am trying to create a separate set of search files and display separately different search results. The original search would remain as-is, (I want to keep it), but the new search set will display the search results from a new template -- one I can change any way I need to without affecting the original, public-used search.

I have copied search.php, search.html, and thumbnail_bit.html to new filenames. I then want to mod the new files to display search results differently than the first, original set. Is there anything else I need to copy and modify as well? Has anyone done anything like this before?

In my new "search_custom.php", I found reference to "thumbnail_bit" and changed it according to the new filename "thumbnail_bit_custom". That is working and I can see my changes. Where in "search_custom.php" do I need to change reference to the "search.html" template to now point it to "search_custom.html"?

Also, and this is a big part of it... I want to use this new search set from the URL (commandline). Is there a way to do this without the session id? Will the "&perpagebox=#" parameter work on the URL? (So far I haven't been able to affect the number of results displayed.)

I hate asking for help because I like trying to do things myself, but you guys have been so helpful with my previous questions that I thought I would see what some of you guys think...

Thanks,
jim