Author Topic: Can't log out after upgrade to 1.7.4 and hacking problem  (Read 13772 times)

Offline arcticmark

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log out after upgrade to 1.7.4 and hacking problem
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 03:10:41 PM »
The session data is not written to the tmp directory in 4images, it is written to the tmp directory on the actual servers root.

Then you have not Problem with 4images, right? (o:

@Gwydion
You will become no Support without the URL and without any error message... Sorry...

It WAS a problem with 4images because PHPBB and my File database both run using sessions and they had NO problems at all.
It is a compatability error with PHP 4.4.4 and 4images.
The problem has been fixed in PHP but the version number hasn't changed.
4Images was unable to write to the /tmp directory on the servers root, not the websites root because of the problem in PHP and 4images.

Simply update Apache on your server and rebuild PHP 4.4.4 and it will work again. You can do this in WHM by clicking Apache Update.

Offline Gwydion

• View Profile
Re: Can't log out after upgrade to 1.7.4 and hacking problem
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 05:58:44 PM »
1. update template
thanks for the link but what should I do with it? The link goes to a thread where the change(s) is(are) listed - what does that mean to me? I don't do templates. Should I change this part now back to the previous version?

Heres a detailed list of what changed in templates.
search_form.html

Code:
<input type="radio" name="search_terms" value="all" checked="checked" />
{lang_and}&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="radio" name="search_terms" value="any" />
{lang_or}

is replaced by

Code:
<input type="radio" name="search_terms" value="any" checked="checked" />
{lang_or}&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="radio" name="search_terms" value="all" />
{lang_and}

well ok .. and now?

2. captcha
Ok, for all who have similar problems and no idea about captcha (as I had):

Q:    What is CAPTCHA?
A:    A CAPTCHA (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart") is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human. (you can find more info about it here)
Q:    How do I enable/disable CAPTCHA or how do I control it?
A:    You can control the CAPTCHA system in your config.php by inserting the following configuration variables above closing ?>:
$captcha_enable = 1;
etc.

Ok, so I added this to config.php, set to 0. Since I have no idea whether or not it's necessary I aadded it to config.new.php too.
Result: zero, nada, null, none.
I still can't log out.

So, please - what the heck is wrong with my gallery? Or the new version? Or with me that I don't get it? *desparate*