Author Topic: Account expires after inactivity.  (Read 6385 times)

Offline bag53

• View Profile
Account expires after inactivity.
« on: August 13, 2002, 07:39:42 PM »
Is there a way to set accounts to automatically expire after a definable amount of inactivity?

Could I make it so user's accounts will expire after, let's say, two months of inactivity?
Do user accounts waiting activation expire after a while? Or do they just remain inactive forever?

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
Re: Account expires after inactivity.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 07:46:20 PM »
Is there a way to set accounts to automatically expire after a definable amount of inactivity? Could I make it so user's accounts will expire after, let's say, two months of inactivity?

No, but you can search for this users in your Control Panel.
Edit user -> Last activity before
Do user accounts waiting activation expire after a while? Or do they just remain inactive forever?

See in your settings: "Period of user account activation in days"

Greets Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline bag53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 08:07:49 PM »
Yeah, I knew about using the search feature. I was hoping I could do it automatically.

I would like it to do this: Have the script check to see when each users last date of activity was and if it's > 53 days (or whatever), have the script send an email saying:
You're account at {sitename} is about to expire due to inactivity. If you let it expire, you will have to re-register. To prevent this from happening, please visit {siteurl} and log in.
Then have the script check to see if the account's last activity is > 60 days. If so, delete the account.

Maybe in a future release? :D

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 08:13:53 PM »
Maybe ;)

Greets Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »
Is there a way to set accounts to automatically expire after a definable amount of inactivity?

Could I make it so user's accounts will expire after, let's say, two months of inactivity?

I would love for Jan or V@no (or anyone!) to revisit this topic.
I've found I have *many* users who register, confirm registration, log in, then disappear forever.

I would like to know a way to do this in 4Images or phpMyAdmin -
Delete Registered Users who's registration date and last activity date are the same, deleting only accounts that aren't newly registered (say in the past two months) and changing those users Uploads and Comments to "guest".

?Possible?

My eyes are blurry from doing this by viewing records by Last Activity in the admin and comparing it to their Registration date to see if they are fly-by-night visitors or true fans.

:)
Terry

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »
Yeah, I knew about using the search feature. I was hoping I could do it automatically.

I would like it to do this: Have the script check to see when each users last date of activity was and if it's > 53 days (or whatever), have the script send an email saying:
You're account at {sitename} is about to expire due to inactivity. If you let it expire, you will have to re-register. To prevent this from happening, please visit {siteurl} and log in.
Then have the script check to see if the account's last activity is > 60 days. If so, delete the account.

Maybe in a future release? :D

good point, such a "MOD" would be indeed very usefull, especially for sites with larger numbers of users.