Author Topic: 4images and server ressources  (Read 4948 times)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
4images and server ressources
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
Hello,

i had very much trouble this days with my hosting company, whitch gave me 7 days to find a new hoster.

The reason the hosting company tells me for lockng the ste is the following: (translation of the original letter)

"our system registered that zapomnime.com uses a big value of the availible server resources on the server where its hosted. You site uses more than 7 hours per day 100% of the resources of an 3Ghz machine, whitch is to much. .... ..... ...."

so thats the interesting part of their message. So, i posted that message in some bulgarian forums, and there are user who tell me, that a bad php-installation can cause the problem (i have only 4images installed)

The most users online where about 40 membsers and 50 guests, but normally there are about 10 members and 15 guests on my site.

What i'am asking for is, is that a problem of my installation of 4images, or is my hoster just lieng to me? Can the various MODs i've installed cause the problem?

I think they are just lieng to me, please correct me if i'am wrong, i really don't know what to do.

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
Re: 4images and server ressources
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »
Can a moderator or experienced user please give me a statement?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:48:09 PM »
You've already asked about how 4images handles havy trafic...forgot? ;) there is nothing changes since your first quesiton :?
We have planty of topice on how to increase perfomance, by disabling random image, enabling cache system, etc.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »
no, its not about the last question, this is dfferent. Maybe i ask it in a different way:

Can 30 user and 20 guests cause 100% CPU-work on a Dual-Xenon machine with 2GB Ram?  :roll:

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 03:23:50 AM »
Can 30 user and 20 guests cause 100% CPU-work on a Dual-Xenon machine with 2GB Ram?  :roll:

It's not likely IF YOU'RE ON A SERVER BY YOURSELF.
However, you're probably in a shared hosting environment. There may be 5 gallery scripts on it, 10 message boards, 10 guestbooks, etc... on all of the different accounts.

Your gallery is taking up too many resources. Upgrade to 1.7.1 (or now, 1.7.2) plus do all the standard things (that may or may not help anyway) like diable random image, etc.

T

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
ok, i'am moving on friday on a dedicated server, hoppe it gets better ..