Author Topic: share data by 3 installations  (Read 23064 times)

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
share data by 3 installations
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:59:59 AM »
hello.

3 domains on one server. no users. just me.

I am technically able to find out my way to sharing the DB info and the data (pictures).

But would not google see this as 3 domains on one server presenting the same data 3 times, and thus , kill our rating ?

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
Re: share data by 3 installations
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:01:51 AM »
anyone???????

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
4images doesn't care about your domains, you can install it ones and use any domains. The only problem you'll have is that you'll have to login on each domain, because cookies can not be shared between domains.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »
4images doesn't care about your domains, you can install it ones and use any domains. The only problem you'll have is that you'll have to login on each domain, because cookies can not be shared between domains.

logging on each domain is no problem at all.

but how can I use the same pictures on 3 installations on 3 domains ??

should I manually change the path to the media files in the DB to something like

/home/user1/public_html/gallery/data/media/folder# ????

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 03:10:36 PM »
Can't you just use one 4images and point all your 3 domains to that directory? that would be the optimal, unless you want to use different styles or mods for each domain...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »
Can't you just use one 4images and point all your 3 domains to that directory? that would be the optimal, unless you want to use different styles or mods for each domain...

hmmm. What precisely did you mean by "point all 3 domains to that directory"?

like one installation of 4images and simple html links to it from all 3 domains ?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 05:46:27 AM »
Well, it depends on the server and hoster. Some allow create "virtual" directories which work like shortcut in Windows OS. You should ask your host administrator if they support such thing.

The alternative would be use mod_rewrite in .htaccess

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:07:07 AM »
Well, it depends on the server and hoster. Some allow create "virtual" directories which work like shortcut in Windows OS. You should ask your host administrator if they support such thing.

thank you V@no...... thank you really...... I need a little bit more step by step instructions....... if you would kindly offer some.

I am on my own dedicated LINUX box (CentOS)

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »

can you please a bit explain how to do that ??

Offline om6acw

• View Profile
    • My Animal's World
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 04:30:02 AM »
You just have to do this, set your Parked Domains (Domain pointers) and that allow you to "point" or "park" additional domain names to your existing hosting account. This will allow users to also reach your website when entering the "parked" or "pointed" domain into their browsers. Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to your DNS servers.

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:40:55 PM »
You just have to do this, set your Parked Domains (Domain pointers) and that allow you to "point" or "park" additional domain names to your existing hosting account. This will allow users to also reach your website when entering the "parked" or "pointed" domain into their browsers. Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to your DNS servers.

the other two domains that I wish to share the data of my 4images installation with are fully functional domains with big websites on them........ not parked domains....

Offline om6acw

• View Profile
    • My Animal's World
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »
ok because you was asking exactly this "3 domains on one server" so what I told you is one 4image installation accessed from 3 different domains let say www.xyz.com, www.xxx.com, www.yyy.com, if somebody accessing one of them they will see all the time just your gallery or whatever you have in your server folder.

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
ok because you was asking exactly this "3 domains on one server" so what I told you is one 4image installation accessed from 3 different domains let say www.xyz.com, www.xxx.com, www.yyy.com, if somebody accessing one of them they will see all the time just your gallery or whatever you have in your server folder.

3 domains = 3 websites, not 1 website and  2 unused domain names that I can park and point to the first domain...............

Offline Kurman

• View Profile
    • www.kurman.ru
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »
webmaster73
As I can understand, you can do it in this way:
1 - Install one 4images as usually, with local images.
2 - Install second copy of 4images on different domain elsewhere, in usual way, just like the first..
   - Use your second 4images gallery with remote pictures, which are located on the first hosting. (I think you know how to use in your gallery remote images)
3 - Install third copy of 4 images elsewhere(and use config.php file from the second installation), or just copy all your files from the second copy to your third 4images. And it will run as a mirror of the second.
4 - if you want, you can make in that way (just repeat step 3) as many 4iamges galleries, as you wish, but be sure your first copy of 4images hosted on speed hosting (for from there your mages and pictures will directly linked to your other copies/mirrors), and, secondly, be sure that database of your second copy of 4images runs on speed and good mysqlbase hosting, for your all other mirrors will use this one database (they will not have no other databases).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:59:31 AM by Kurman »
4images running as a music portal http://music.kurman.ru/

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »

- Use your second 4images gallery with remote pictures, which are located on the first hosting. (I think you know how to use in your gallery remote images)

thank you for your kind help,

I don't know how to use remote images. please tell me.