Author Topic: EPS Thumbnais  (Read 4111 times)

Offline kaiwitte

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
EPS Thumbnais
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »
hello,

I have version 4images 1.7.4 with Imagemagick. Postscript is installed on the server as well. Thumbnails for common image formats like GIF and JPG work, but when I upload an EPS no thumbnail is created automatically. When I use the Auto-Thumbnailer in the admin interface and search for new images the uploaded EPS doesn't show up as a new image either. When I change the condition in the thumbnailer.php (for which images are shown by the thumbnailer) and then use the thumbnailer to create an EPS it sais that an error has occurred in Imagemagick.

How can I make it so that EPS thumbnails are being created automatically? I am also interested in PDF if that is possible. Or what else can I do to debug the problem?

The problem is that first it doesn't even try to create the thumbnail, and when I force it to try it fails.

Kai

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
Re: EPS Thumbnais
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »
hello,

I have version 4images 1.7.4 with Imagemagick. Postscript is installed on the server as well. Thumbnails for common image formats like GIF and JPG work, but when I upload an EPS no thumbnail is created automatically. When I use the Auto-Thumbnailer in the admin interface and search for new images the uploaded EPS doesn't show up as a new image either. When I change the condition in the thumbnailer.php (for which images are shown by the thumbnailer) and then use the thumbnailer to create an EPS it sais that an error has occurred in Imagemagick.

How can I make it so that EPS thumbnails are being created automatically? I am also interested in PDF if that is possible. Or what else can I do to debug the problem?

The problem is that first it doesn't even try to create the thumbnail, and when I force it to try it fails.

Kai

Poor guy, 24 july-13 august no one cared to give you an answer

Offline Nicky

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »
webmaster,

i hope you have answer for his question? have you?
if you don't, then stop to write posts like this one.
thx & peace!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:51:50 PM by Nicky »
cheers
Nicky
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! (© by V@no)
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

nicky.net 4 4images
Signature stolen from mawenzi

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 01:58:42 PM »
webmaster,

i hope you have answer for his question? have you?
if you don't, then stop to write posts like this one.
thx & peace!

Sorry Nicky, but I don't have the answer to his question.

I was simply looking for a solution to thumbnails of pdf files...... and stumbled to this post...

take it easy Nicky, I am not that naughty.