Author Topic: Category Mods and Global Moderators  (Read 6673 times)

Offline MaliciousKitty

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Category Mods and Global Moderators
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:41:50 AM »
I looked through the released mods and didn't SEE anything about it, but I decided I'd ask just to see if there really was a mod for this, or if it could be made.

Is there anyway to have category moderators who can edit/delete images in their category, and Global moderators who can edit/delete images in all categories and validate images/create thumbnails?

Sort of like on forums where moderators help to manage the place, having moderators for the gallery would be nice too. That way there's more people to watch out for things, and if I'm not online then a global moderator can validate the waiting images. Helps keep the site moving along easier and releases some of the work load for me.

Is there a mod like this already created? Or can someone create one? I can't code to save my life so I'm hoping theres already one created that I just haven't found yet >.<

Thanks ^^

Offline steelers

• No Risk no FUN!!!
    • View Profile
    • Die Bildercommunity
Re: Category Mods and Global Moderators
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »
I am also interested in such a mod. But i don´t think that there is one we´re searching for  :?

Offline Stoleti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 05:51:45 PM »
seems a good ideia  :)

Offline WhoMe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »
Yes! This would be both great and very helpful if it was possible to have a "group" with moderators that could edit/delete images, comments and other stuff.

Any news on this?

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:50:26 PM »
There are many posts about this issue, try using the search again. It's very simple:

1. Duplicate the "admin" folder
2. Upload the duplicate and rename it (f.e. "headadmin") - this will be the original admin folder with all the original admin functions just accessible for you.
3. Passwort protect the "headadmin" folder (for better security)

4. Go now to the "admin" folder - this will be the the folder for the moderators!
5. Delete all the stuff from the php files you wont moderators to have access (f.e. delete all exept "validate images", "edit images" and so on
6. Make your moderators "administrators" from the edit user menu.

Thats it, it works for me. You can even give your moderators in the session.php an other color. If you dont know how i will post it.

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 03:57:57 PM »
There are many posts about this issue, try using the search again. It's very simple:

1. Duplicate the "admin" folder
2. Upload the duplicate and rename it (f.e. "headadmin") - this will be the original admin folder with all the original admin functions just accessible for you.
3. Passwort protect the "headadmin" folder (for better security)

4. Go now to the "admin" folder - this will be the the folder for the moderators!
5. Delete all the stuff from the php files you wont moderators to have access (f.e. delete all exept "validate images", "edit images" and so on
6. Make your moderators "administrators" from the edit user menu.

Thats it, it works for me. You can even give your moderators in the session.php an other color. If you dont know how i will post it.

thank you. really.