Author Topic: [BUG] Anchors for "setting_group"s incorrect  (Read 8594 times)

twmm

[BUG] Anchors for "setting_group"s incorrect
« on: December 29, 2002, 04:49:42 AM »
In admin/settings.php, the Anchors  are incorrectly coded with a "#" preceeding the anchor target name, i.e.
Code: [Select]
<a name="#setting_group_1">..... code... </a>

should be:

<a name="setting_group_1"></a>..... code....

The Named target anchor should be without the "#" character, whereas the JUMP to the local target anchor does require the "#" character, i.e.
<a href="#setting_group_1">

As an anchor, the code between the <a name"...name"> and </a> is superfluous and has no bearing on the anchor. What is required is the complete anchor with the closing tag. <a name"..."></a>.

When the anchor is coded with the "#", the problem is not apparent in IE (lax interpretation of HTML); BUT it is apparent in other browsers such as Netscape and Mozilla. In Netscape and Mozilla, there is NO local target anchor if it is incorrectly defined using a "#" as in
<a name"#...."></a>

Regards,
T. McGuire

Offline boatman9999

• View Profile
Re: [BUG] Anchors for "setting_group"s incorrect
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 12:11:34 PM »
For information, this 'bug' is still present in version 1.7.1, and prevents Firefox from using the 'jump' facility correctly.

Removing all the relevant '#' in admin/settings.php as described solves the issue.

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] Anchors for "setting_group"s incorrect
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:24:59 AM »
Thanks.  I've made this a published bug fix: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=8202.msg37767