Author Topic: Cannot login to admin after upgrade to 1.7.10  (Read 4295 times)

Offline stonehollow

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Cannot login to admin after upgrade to 1.7.10
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:42:55 AM »
I started this about six months ago, but got busy on other stuff.  I upgraded to 1.7.10, but can not log into admin now.  I can get in to one of my non-privileged accounts, but not the admin.  I've tried copying over all the new files (twice) with no improvement.  I've tried "forgot password", but it does not recognize my admin email.  If I have to, I can do a clean install (no mods anyway).  Any suggestions before I start over?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Cannot login to admin after upgrade to 1.7.10
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

You can access your accounts information through your host's database manager (most probably phpmyadmin). From there try find your admin account, if it doesn't exist you can change any other user accounts to admin privileges by changing "user_level" value to "9"

Also, this might be useful:
Lost admin password - what to do?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline stonehollow

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot login to admin after upgrade to 1.7.10
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
Thanks much - that did the trick.  Although I did search for this topic, I did not find the one you reference.  Vielen Dank!