Author Topic: image auto resize and batch upload  (Read 4491 times)

Offline JSDP01

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
image auto resize and batch upload
« on: August 31, 2006, 03:07:05 PM »
Hi there,

A few things, please forgive me if I haven't searched the forum with sufficient diligence to find the answers ( I have tried), and please feel free to point me in the right direction!

1.  I have accidentally set all my photos to auto resize at 200 pixels.  I want to resize them all to display at 800 pixels fixed width but can't work out how to do it.
2.  I want to enable users to batch upload and can't figure out how to offer it.
3.  I have added the image auto-resizer 2.1, and it seems that photos are auto-resizing and auto-thumbnailing without my input - is this right?

Thank you in advance,

Jon

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: image auto resize and batch upload
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »
1. resizing from low resolution to high will make your images looks pixelated and ugly. The only proper way to fix that is to upload original images again.
2. the only mod we have at the moment is "multi upload" (or something simular), but its not really a "batch upload"...
3. no, its not correct. once you clicked "show images" button it showes you the images that matched your criteria on first page. Then you can select the images you want to work with.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline JSDP01

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »
Thank you Vano, a prompt and elegant response!

One more thing...is there a way, once an image has been resized, to display the resized image but allow users when downloading to download the file in its original size?

Thanks again,

Jon

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »
There is no such mod per se, but you might be able collect enough information to do it yourself from "Show original image in new window" and "Download different sizes" mods (the actual names of the mods could be little different, I cant remmember for sure)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline JSDP01

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »
Thank you again!  Some further issues have arisen (please forgive me if they have been posted elsewhere on the forum): 

1.  I have now reorganised my site to make 4images the default photo gallery, which can be viewed by surfing to www.verseau.co.uk and selecting photos from the links from the left.  The site makes use of CSS.  I would like to integrate 4images into the look of the site, and am wondering if there is any (relatively straightforward) way to do this.

2. Using an 'edit area' in the template, I would like to display a random image on each page of the site, in the way that 4images does.  If you visit the site you will see that a static image is currently displayed on the left of each page underneath the links.

3.  I think the registration system for 4images is tremendous, and I have made good use of it so far.  I already have a 'messageboards' page on my site which requires registration with a third party - is there any way to enable users to register only once on my site?

Many thanks,

Jon