Author Topic: Help, can't install 4images 1.7.2 !!  (Read 5939 times)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
Help, can't install 4images 1.7.2 !!
« on: March 02, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
I just installed the version 1.7.2 and read the 1.7.2 was released. I tried updating, but something went wrong and I didn't figured out what: I couldn't see the uploaded images.

So, as I had almost nothing uploaded, I decided to remove the gallery, deleted the database, re-uploaded the 4images (but version 1.7.2) and leaded to install. But when point to the directions, I have this kind of error:

Notice: Undefined variable: table_prefix in /home/blue/public_html/gallery/includes/constants.php on line 32

This appear several times with different lines. And in the end, I read this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blue/public_html/gallery/includes/constants.php:32) in /home/blue/public_html/gallery/includes/functions.php on line 47

I have no idea what can be wrong... any lights?  8O :?:

Offline tatty

• View Profile
Re: Help, can't install 4images 1.7.2 !!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:50:04 PM »
Ok... without any reason, it installed  :?

Everything seemed to work fine. I created a category, a subcategory and went to upload some pictures to it exactly as taught in another topic in this forums... what works very fine in my other 4images gallery.

I upload the images by FTP, go to the gallery admin panel and check the new images. But I simply can't create the thumbnails, it says me error creating thumbnail. I'm using GD for thumbnails, and it also works fine in my other gallery.
And also, when I try to see the images... it shows me a error 404 - image not found  :? 8O

I'm very confused... because I didn't read about fixing bugs in the brand new version yet  :?: :?:

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:17:13 AM »
Two words:
wrong permissions (CHMOD)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 12:59:16 AM »
Two words:
wrong permissions (CHMOD)

I've followed the installing instructions, and it asked me to CHMOD 777 some folders, what I've done.
The following folders are 777:
data; data/database; data/media; data/thumbnails; data/tmp_media; data/tmp_thumbnails; templates; templates/default and templates/default/media

The templates/default and templates/default/media are 666.

Can it be SAFEMOD problem? I thought SAFEMOD was off in my site, but maybe my host didn't turn it off when I requested for some unknow reason...  :?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 01:00:13 AM »
perhaps.

look in phpinfo() (its now in ACP)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline tatty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:09:31 AM »
perhaps.

look in phpinfo() (its now in ACP)

I've checked and it's really on  :?

I've asked to my host to turn it off... now have to wait.
Thanks for your help  :D