• [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs 3 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs  (Read 727004 times)

Offline marod0er

• View Profile
Re: [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2005, 02:58:23 AM »
I see no problem with the code and it worked on my site (tested it).
can u show a link to your site?

Nevermind buddy, suddenly it just started working. Very strange  :roll:

Nevertheless, appreciate your assistance on this matter.
Greetz: Lasse

Offline kindian

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2005, 12:00:14 PM »
everything is working with me the only problem is that i've also added the User Private's link.
what exactly Multiviews has to do with "Private link" ?

exactly V@no. It has nothing to do with it. Thats the problem. Ive installed the "Private URL to members profile" MOD. With this mode I have to write the multiviews thing on my htaccess. And when I try to install this google MOD none of the mods work, cause of the htaccess file. Both mods ask for htaccess edit.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2005, 02:47:12 PM »
Ive installed the "Private URL to members profile" MOD. With this mode I have to write the multiviews thing on my htaccess.
Why? where did u get the code?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kindian

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2005, 07:28:54 PM »
Ive installed the "Private URL to members profile" MOD. With this mode I have to write the multiviews thing on my htaccess.
Why? where did u get the code?

it's here http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7938.0
my htaccess has the multiviews code in it, and when i paste the google MOD code and try, none of the MODS work. Do you think they are non compatible?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2005, 02:27:04 AM »
there you go:
instead of the multiviews thing use this:
Code: [Select]
RewriteRule ^who\/.+$ who.php
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kindian

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2005, 12:15:28 PM »
working. thanks again masta  :D

Offline marod0er

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2005, 01:31:19 PM »
Dunno if you guys have seen this, but it might be worth a look. It's in addition to this MOD:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=8940

Offline bibabobu

• Technische und künstlerische Gravuren
    • View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2005, 01:29:23 AM »
Hi!
I integrated this MOD. I paste the written code into session.php and created a .htaccess file with the posted code.

I receive adresses like this:

http://www.industrie-gravuren.de/galerie/img140.htm

But my pics are not shown. instead of the pic i become an 404 htm error :?:   :(

Do you have a idea.
 My hoster is hosteurope. i think that mod rewrite option is enabled.

Attention: My Site is actually set to the original code before including this MOD.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2005, 06:42:37 AM »
try to get access to the error log files, if it says that img140.htm not found, then mod_rewrite is not enabled.
if it sais that details.php can not be found, then you will need to play with RewriteBase / in .htaccess

Offline bibabobu

• Technische und künstlerische Gravuren
    • View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2005, 01:25:02 PM »
Thanks v@no! I think it is working now.
i got urls like this format:   www.industrie-gravuren.de/galerie/img370.htm

Please could you have a look on my site?

1. Is this right that there could not be integrated the image name or cat id instead of for example img370.htm ?
2. i would like to change the url format of my other template pages like it is posted at the bottom of the first page of this thread.
    You answered at the top of the second page of this thread to implement a code.
    But it is not working for me.
    i would like to see www.industrie-gravuren.de/galerie/hilfe_faq.htm
    instead of :  www.industrie-gravuren.de/galerie/index.php?template=hilfe_faq
   Would be kind if you could explain me more specific what i have to change in the .htaccess file  :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline daniel_74

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »
Hello,

I know it has been asked seveal times in this topic before, and also it has been given an answer, but I want to give a suggestion for this...

Question is: Can I change the URL: mysite.com/img123.htm to mysite.com/image_name.htm ?

The answer was: NO, because when 2 images have same name, it won´t work, the 4images is based on unique ID-Numbers.

Ok, here comes my suggestion:

Could we generate URLs like this instead, so we have still the ID, but we´re using the image or cat name in the URL, which helps a lot in SEO :

mysite.com/image_name-ID.htm or
mysite.com/image_name/ID.htm

Regards,
Daniel

Offline marod0er

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2005, 12:14:38 AM »
Hello,

I know it has been asked seveal times in this topic before, and also it has been given an answer, but I want to give a suggestion for this...

Question is: Can I change the URL: mysite.com/img123.htm to mysite.com/image_name.htm ?

The answer was: NO, because when 2 images have same name, it won´t work, the 4images is based on unique ID-Numbers.

Ok, here comes my suggestion:

Could we generate URLs like this instead, so we have still the ID, but we´re using the image or cat name in the URL, which helps a lot in SEO :

mysite.com/image_name-ID.htm or
mysite.com/image_name/ID.htm

Regards,
Daniel

Actually, I was thinking the same thing... In theory, it should be doable, but I doubt you can get someone to do it...

Offline commandos

• View Profile
    • Quran Recitation
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
Hello ,

i have a question that i have been asking for about 1 year and still couldnt get the code for it , its about the category paging issue

when we apply the friendly link mode evrything work perfect except 1 thing wich is the category paging .

the paging is like this : 1  2  »  Last page »

the link on 2 is : 4images/cat54.htm?page=2  and this is dynamic it should be something like this : 4images/cat54_2.htm

can anyone help with this plz ?

also i added this :
Code: [Select]
RewriteRule ^profile([0-9]+)\.htm$ member.php?action=showprofile&user_id=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
i dident work , do i have 2 edit some php code for this 2 work ?

Offline marod0er

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2005, 01:19:27 AM »
the link on 2 is : 4images/cat54.htm?page=2  and this is dynamic it should be something like this : 4images/cat54_2.htm
Another great question! I'd like to know as well!  :mrgreen:

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2005, 06:44:47 AM »
that's because 4images parses the link for paging class before it calls the class, then during generating the paging, it simply add page=NN to the url query.
So, if you want it replace url with this mod, you will need find every instances where paging.php is being used, remove parsing the url through $site_sess->url() function and then fix paging.php class to parse every url it created through $site_sess->url() function. I think its a messy process...