• [Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark) 2 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark)  (Read 997411 times)

Offline universal

• View Profile
    • http://www.funny.lt
Re: [Mod] Image Annotation (Watermark)
« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2005, 08:06:56 PM »
same problem...  :?
Again this addres?!
http://www.funny.lt

Offline max.cady

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2005, 11:18:36 AM »
Great mod, thanks ... FINALLY it works with me too  :mrgreen:

My problem was finding the "full path" to the font. The penny dropped when I got an error message when I tried to open one of the test php-files suggested here. I got the message couldn't open  /homepages/46/d13438658/htdocs/test3.php on line 3

So I tried this path and it worked  :D.
Before this I just put the link to the font www.domain.de/4images/arial.tff in the settings and had no luck.

Just thought I would post this just in case some other more inexperienced like me are trying this mod and do not see the annotation mark although anything else works fine. The problem most likely lies with the full path. Though I don't know where to find the full path unless you get an error message ...  :?

Offline soerenschulz

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2005, 06:29:48 PM »
Hallo,

das script funktioniert eigentlich prima, ausser wenn ich bilder über ftp hochlade und "Batch Annotate" starte kommt ständig

"Processing image 1 from category PSD-Templates, image ID 1220 >> Skipped"

Offline benediktlangmantl

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2005, 07:28:12 PM »
Hallo, meine Frage ist immer noch nicht beantwortet worden.

Wenn ich als Admin über das Adminpanel Bilder hinzufüge, warum fügt er dann das Wasserzeichen nicht hinzu? oder wie muss ich es ändern?

Offline universal

• View Profile
    • http://www.funny.lt
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2005, 12:55:56 PM »
So can someone help me...? Or just say what the problem is?

Processing image Paskutinė vakarienė... from category Nuotraukos, image ID 80 >>
Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/pramoga/public_html/includes/annotate.php on line 176

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/pramoga/public_html/includes/annotate.php on line 177

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/pramoga/public_html/includes/annotate.php on line 184

Warning: imagecolortransparent(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/pramoga/public_html/includes/annotate.php on line 185

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/pramoga/public_html/includes/annotate.php on line 186
OK
Again this addres?!
http://www.funny.lt

Offline bibabobu

• Technische und künstlerische Gravuren
    • View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2005, 03:32:18 AM »
habe ähnliches Problem wie benediktlangmantl (Seite zuvor).
mein system Win XP prof SP2 mit diesem Watermark MOD  http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=3808.0

habe mod vollständig und korrekt installiert (bin mir zumindest keiner fehler bewußt und habe noch keine fehlermeldung erhalten!).
dennoch erhalte ich keine wasserzeichen, ob als text oder png bild (habe testbilder aus MOD verwendet). bin als admin eingeloggt und lade per ftp bilder hoch. Uploadfunktion für User wird nicht zwingend benötigt.
alles aktiviert gd2 auch vorhanden und eingestellt.
da ich schon einige bilder aufgespielt habe, würde ich gerne die batch funktion nutzen und ein Watermarkbild einbetten.
bei batch annotate befehl tut sich gar nichts. erhalte aber auch keine fehlermeldung. Browser lädt kurz und dann fertig.

für hilfe wäre ich sehr dankbar. falls nötig könnte ich den gallerielink nachreichen. danke

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »
Hallo?

SSL kannst Du mir vielleicht helfen? Bin echt am verzweifeln. Bin Newbie und habe alles versucht. :(

Hier meinephpinfo Auszug bezgl. GD :
gd
GD Support  enabled 
GD Version  bundled (2.0.28 compatible) 
FreeType Support  enabled 
FreeType Linkage  with freetype 
GIF Read Support  enabled 
GIF Create Support  enabled 
JPG Support  enabled 
PNG Support  enabled 
WBMP Support  enabled 
XBM Support  enabled 

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2005, 01:37:28 AM »
hello together!

i have installed the mod.
i have just installed nearly 200 pics and now i want to batch annotate.
but in acp i get only a white screen and no error messages.
it is loading just a second and after that it shows ready in status bar.
what have i done wrong?
please help me.  :(

i don´t get any annotations. i want to implement a watermark pic.
i use 4images 1.7.1 and gd2 (u can see in the posting before)

Offline graficalicus

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2005, 02:19:41 AM »
first off - I'm running 1.7.1, linux, GD 2.0.12, using IM to create thumbs, etc. etc - -

this works great for text annotation, but I can't get image annotation to work - - -  no worries, though -

I can actually help a bit for a few of the reoccuring problems (I printed out this thread - 67 pages! - and read it while sitting on the deck this afternoon!)

but in acp i get only a white screen and no error messages.

this is from V@no from another thread:
Quote from: V@no
blank page? want to see the error messages?
uncomment this line in global.php:
Code:
//error_reporting(E_ALL);(assuming u are using v1.7.1)
in v1.7 insert below the existing error_reporting line this:
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);

So can someone help me...? Or just say what the problem is?

did you create & run the test php file from the instructions?  if not, download it from this post (see below for link) - I made it a php for you -

You'll need to edit this file a bit - here's how:
find
Code: [Select]
/home/public_html/arial.ttf
and change it to be the exact path and font name where your font - (the *.ttf file you want to write on your images with) - is stored. If you want to use Tahoma.ttf, for example, open Windows/FONTS on your system. locate tahoma.ttf and upload it to the root of your site - or wherever you want to store your fonts. This could be another folder called "fonts", for example. If you choose to use the default Arial.ttf, make sure it's uploaded to the folder you designate.

Open your site's control panel - you probably have one somewhere (I use cPanel) - and hunt around in all the menus and such for something that says "WWW directory" and/or "root directory" - this will show you what the path in this file (and in the ACP areas that need a path) should be. Mine, for example, is "/home/graf/public_html" - yours will be similar.  If you can't find it there in your site's control panel, use the FTP address where you upload your files. If you can't find it there, ask your host what it is - even if you don't know what you're talking about, they'll know, so just copy down exactly what they tell you.

Once you have the root directory path (or "WWW directory" path - whatever your host calls it - ) paste it into the script above - and upload to your site's root. Run it -  type into your browser "http://www.my_big_dotcom.com/image_tester.php" - - substitute your site URL for what I put in there (hopefully I didn't HAVE to type that last bit, but....)

Did you see something like this: graffi's font test for watermarking ? I'm using a retro-style font set at 9 pts - white on a black BG in a 240px wide box.

If you did, the script works, your site works, everything is OK - you just have to debug what you did wrong in typing one of the paths in the annotation settings panel.

If you CAN'T see anything, or get an error message of some sort, you're probably out of luck with this MOD, assuming you got your paths right in the tester script - -

If you're testing this MOD in batch mode, be sure to be editing more than one image (trying it out on just one image at a time won't work, for some weird reason) and that uploading is turned ON - - otherwise, you'll get nothing.

If you'd like to change the transparency of TEXT annotation, I'll have a fix for that later -

hope this helps - -

Offline graficalicus

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2005, 04:45:36 AM »
and another question - -

Quote from: V@no
Quote from: ksk
there is like a link in uploadform template html

[ ]Add watermark
The text will be embeded in the bottom-right corner of the image

where?
it was not supposed to be for "any" categoryes...only owners of "Member Personal Category" can chose add or not the watermark when uploading in their categories...

so how would this be added as an upload option?   :D

Offline graficalicus

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2005, 04:49:56 AM »
Ooops - - -

also 2 other small things:
  • I can't find where to change the opacity of the text - image, yes, text, no - -
  • the text annotation options (%N, %B, %S, etc.) don't seem to work - they actually print the code - %B  %S  %T.... instead of username, date, line break, etc. - -  :?:

thanks one thousand times :!:

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2005, 11:11:59 PM »
@graficalicus

thanks for the "new" test.
i ve made the image_tester.php test and it showed a black square with white "this is a test" text on it.
so i think everything has to work. doesn`t it?
after configuring the annotation settings in acp and logging in as admin i tried to direct upload an image.
and what a wonder. there is an text watermark implemented automatically. great :)
but if i adjust in the settings to implement an watermark image (logo-gd.png in root directory), so i cannot see anything after direct uploading :(
WHY???
And also the batch annotate function doesn´t work for me. what i´m doing wrong???
please help me i´m trying to find out for several days.  cause i have already 200 pics online before installing the mod.

hope anyone could help me.

Offline graficalicus

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2005, 01:38:32 AM »
i ve made the image_tester.php test and it showed a black square with white "this is a test" text on it.
so i think everything has to work. doesn`t it?

:D  it works!

but if i adjust in the settings to implement an watermark image (logo-gd.png in root directory), so i cannot see anything after direct uploading
WHY???

are you using IM for images in your ACP?  I am, too, and I'm having the same problem - - something with the path I haven't figured out yet....

For now, if you need to annotate many images, text annotation is the way to go  (at least until IM patch gets worked out - - I'm working on it, too....  :?)

And also the batch annotate function doesn´t work for me. what i´m doing wrong???

Batch was kind of weird to figure out, but here's what I did:
  • in your ACP, under "Annotation Settings" - "Use auto images annotation on image upload" - turn ON
  • Annotation mode:  text
  • Annotation text:  type in what you want to appear (Shortcuts - "%D", "%S", etc. - aren't working yet with IM)
  • the font path must be just like the test php file (copy & paste directly from that)
  • make your other text settings, as well as positioning
  • Click "Save changes" at the bottom

Next, go to Batch Annotations in the ACP -
  • select the category you want to annotate first (you can only do one category at a time)
  • Select how many images to do at a time (you MUST do more than 1 image at a time or nothing happens... :?)
  • Input the image ID# to start with
  • automatically continue to the next ones, or wait for a click from you? Choose Yes or No
  • Click "Submit" at the bottom, and it should take off and watermark the images you told it to do

I'm still messing with some of the IM settings - I'll post more solutions as soon as I get something working, but it may be a few days.... :(   hold tight....

Good Luck!

Offline Vincent

• 4images Moderator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • www.foto-kocher.com
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2005, 08:11:16 AM »
Requirements:     

To use in text annotation mode: GD2+ Library compiled with Freetype support. Also works with ImageMagic, but GD still needed for some functions, which ImageMagic is missing.
For "image embedding" mode you don't need anything.
Hello
What is the meaning of "For "image embedding" mode you don't need anything"?
the Problem i have is - i don't have GD only ImageMagic

thanks for feedback
Vincent
Beati pauperi spiritus

4images 1.7 // My Installed Mods

Offline graficalicus

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2005, 02:20:58 PM »
there's a path problem somewhere when using IM -I'm having the same problem, too -

I haven't been into the code yet, but take a look & noodle about with the path here (save a backup first!!):

includes/annotation.php:

Code: [Select]
if ($ann_tool == "im") {

if ($use_image) {
   $command = $convert_options['convert_path']." -quality ".$ann_image_quality." -draw \"image CopyOpacity $h_offset,$v_offset 0,0 $ann_embed_image\" \"$ann_src\" \"$ann_dest\"";
   system($command);

look at the "$ann_src\"  - instead of making it a variable ($ann_src), try making it an absolute link (assuming your watermark image won't change - if your watermark image changes, you'll have to change this code again as well - - )

Just an idea -- it's what I'll try next......