Author Topic: CSRF check failed - 1.7.11  (Read 7852 times)

Offline stuseattle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
CSRF check failed - 1.7.11
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:58 AM »
New install w/latest version, 1.7.11.  Trying to upload video files and always get the "CSRF check failed" error, regardless of format or size.
I searched the forum and saw that this has been going on, for some people, for a long time and checked the fixes but nothing helps. There are a few responses in German but, even with the translators, they don't seem to work either.  I also checked the various error messages/bug fix files and made sure everything was updated correctly.

Please, if anyone has an answer as to how to upload files without running into the "CSRF check failed" problem, I would appreciate the advise.  (I tried signing off and on, tried three different browsers, cleared caches, allowed cookies . . . everything I could think of.)

Thanks so much for any help you could offer.

Stu

PS - Is there a way to ftp photos/videos to the correct "media" folders and have them recognized in the gallery when opened?

Offline stuseattle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: CSRF check failed - 1.7.11
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »
Hello again.  I know the FAQ specifically says not to just say Please Help but, moderators, if you could offer any suggestions as to how to fix the CSRF Check Failed problem.  Searching the forums shows that this has been a problem for a number of years but was supposed to have been fixed along the way. I'm using the most recent version of the software, I've checked all the various permissions, photos work fine . . it's only videos that won't go through. I'm sure I've done something wrong but I can't figure out what that might be.

By the way, if I just turn off the CSRF, setting any of the settings to 0, it still doesn't work and instantly brings up the "reset password" page.

Thanks again,

stu

Rembrandt

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!

What for extension have the video file?

mfg Andi

Offline stuseattle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »
Thank you so much for replying.

I've tried mov, avi, mp4, m4v (added that html page) and flv (for the fun of it). 
No matter what I try, I get:

Error
CSRF check failed.

Like I said before, if I try to turn off the CSRF and upload a movie, it bounced me to the "password reset" page.

Any ideas?

stu

Rembrandt

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:02 PM »
...added that html page) and flv (for the fun of it). 
ok you added the html pages, but have made ​​all the other changes?
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7277.0

mfg Andi

Offline stuseattle

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »
Andi,

I'll go through that for the flv file but that's not the problem I'm having.  I can't upload .mov files because I get the CSRF Check Failed message. I don't get a file type error at all. In fact, it appears to upload 100% and then it fails. (I checke. . . the file does not make it to the server.)

stu